Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Firsts....

My first love story isn't that intersting, so I'll talk about a mish-mash of firsts today...

First love: Still living it now. I met my husband when I was 20 and am still as madly in love with him now as I was when we met. This is us at Niagara Falls in January.

First heartbreak: It was so long ago and so trivial that I can't believe what a big deal I made out of it at the time. It's funny how that saying that, "If it won't matter in 5 years, don't obsess over it" makes so much sense now that we're older =)

First favorite book: Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I was 7, newly arrived in the U.S. from India and got this book from Christmas in my first stocking. I must have read it at least 40 times that firwst year. I was fascinated by pork sausage, homemade cheese, and stick candy just like our heroine.

First Favorite Movie: The Little Mermaid. I was 9 and remember thinking in the theatre, "So this is what magic really is." I loved (and still love) that movie. The heroine, the songs, and the incredibly debonair Prince Eric set my expectations of what I wanted my prince to be.

Close, hmm?



So that's all the interesting stuff from me today...next up, more BBG Firsts!
-------------------
Dona Sarkar-Mishra
HOW TO SALSA IN A SARI - January 2008
SHRINK TO FIT - August 2008

3 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Dona, this is so inspiring, and yes, indeed, you met your prince!

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

So glad to finally see a pic of your hubby! And those are great photos, by the way. Looks to me like you definitely found a prince. Alas, I'm still looking for mine. Sigh. :-)

Christina

stephhale said...

That is the sweetest post ever, Dona! You and your husband are the most photogenic couple I've ever seen! :)