Friday, August 28, 2009

Hey Shorty...it's (was) my birthday!

I thought this published last night, but I guess not!
That's right blogfans! It's my 29th birthday today :) The last one before the big 3-0 (which I've been waiting for since I was a kid. I have always literally been 13 Going on 30!).


Today I am celebrating with a Ladies Afternoon Tea at my house with a few of my girlfriends.


My husband gave me two gifts I am completely and totally in love with:




First, is any true Literati complete without the Kindle 2? I've already downloaded my favorite books like LITTLE WOMEN, THE SECRET GARDEN, PRIDE AND PREJUDICE and much much more....




I am a boot FANATIC and fell in love with these Charles Davids a while ago. Aren't they lovely?

The afternoon tea was a wonderful way for me to spend some QT with my closest in-town girlfriends while enjoying some bite-sized treats and some good, hot tea! In the evening, my husband took me to dinner at one of my favorite Italian restaurants, Volterra. This was one of Rachael Ray's faves too!

All in all, it was hands-down the BEST b'day I've ever had!

So, who else has a b'day coming up? What's your fave way to celebrate?
---------------------------------
Dona Sarkar
http://donasarkarmishra.com

4 comments:

stephhale said...

I'm so sorry I missed your bday, Dona! I'm so glad it was a happy one! I bet you are rocking those boots, girl! ;)

Anonymous said...

So interesting .Thanks sharing Dona Sarkar-Mishra .Belated birthday wishes to you.

Cheers!!
Flowers to hyderabad at Hyderabadbazaar|Cakes to hyderabad at Us2guntur|Us2chennai| Us2bangalore|Gifts to India at gifts2indian

Marley Gibson said...

I'm sorry I missed posting on the actual day, but happiest of happy birthdays my sweet friend! You will totally rock those boots!!!

Hugs!!!
= )

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Congrats on the Kindle 2! I have the first one and still loving it! :)