Harper Lee and I have been busy getting the apartment cleaned of holiday stuff (though I've yet to take the wreath down because it's so pretty) and I'm finally working on my new story, which I hope will be my 2012 book. It's about sisters, one of whom has left the family -- and how the remaining sister deals with facing her first real heartbreak alone. No explosions or car chases, but there is an unrequited love and touches of prophecy throughout. So excited to dig into a meaningful story!
The beginning of a year is always a great time for lists - so here's mine.
Things to remember in 2011:
- You can only control what you do, feel, & think. You are the captain of your own ship.
- Family and friends can make a huge difference in your life, so treat them kindly.
- It's important to "pick a point" on the horizon. Decide where you'd like to go before you leave.
- Help others - especially with their dreams and goals.
- You deserve a clean house, efficient workspace, good appearance, a home cooked meal. Take care of yourself as you would for others.
- Leave room for spontaneity and fun in your plans.
- Life is short so don't put off doing the things you want to do.
- Trying is never stupid. Not trying is ridiculous.
- Continue to be courageous, honest, and open - even if it means you sometimes get hurt.
- "Stay golden, Pony Boy."
Do you have any thoughts to remember for 2011? I would love to see what you're holding in mind as we start the new year...
Love and light,
Wherever You Go - Harcourt Fall 2011
The Clearing - Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Never Cry Werewolf - HarperTeen