- hanging with my almost two-year old nephew, who lives in Denver
- witnessing the kids in my writing camps become better writers in just two weeks
- boating in Pineview Reservoir (I only got to use my new wakeboard once, though, because I injured my back in May)
- getting to meet talented authors Lara Zielin, Sheila Nielson, and Sarah Ockler
- appetizers on a rooftop terrace overlooking downtown Denver with my husband, brother, sister-in-law, best girl friend from high school, and best guy friend from college
- my youngest son's 5th birthday party which started 4 hours early and ended 5 hours late
- rescuing Miller the Duck off the highway in Ogden Canyon (he's doing GREAT in his new home, by the way) CLICK HERE if you missed that story.
Though it's been a fabulous summer, I'm really looking forward to the fall. Now that my back is doing much better and I'm finally able to tie my own shoes, I'm going to start practicing yoga again real soon, and I'm excited to get back to work on a new YA book proposal. I've also been asked to be a writer in residence, along with the mega-talented Sydney Salter, at an alternative high school, which is a great honor.
Enough about me! What about you? What are some of the highlights of your summer and is it just me, or are you looking forward to fall, too?