Friday, September 26, 2008

Why couldn't I have thought of that?

Have you ever seen something in a store and did one of those palm/forehead smacks wondering why you didn't think of it? Do you grumble the rest of the way down the aisle picturing the inventor sipping pina coladas on the beach somewhere? Well, I do. Here are just a few of the things I wish I would have invented.

A few months ago, our beloved Maltese, Lucky, passed away. He was an inside dog so I never bothered much with a collar unless we were going somewhere. He had two charms on his collar, one with info, and another that was a guardian angel of dogs. When he wore the collar the charms would clink together and drive me insane. It wasn't until he had passed that I saw these rubber silencers you could put around the charms so they don't clink. Ugh. Why didn't I think of that?
What girl doesn't love high heels? Okay, maybe not actually wearing them but how you look when you do. What if you had an adorable pair of heels that were actually comfortable? Unfortunately these only come in size 0-6 months! Baby high heels! Why couldn't I have thought of those? I'm still hoping I will think of something brilliant that everyone will just have to have. That way I can write my books from the beach from now on. What is your favorite invention? Is there something you wish you would have invented?

What I'm reading now....The Informant by Kurt Eichenwald

xoxo,
Steph

4 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Why didn't I think up this blog post?!?

Otherwise...man, I wish I'd thought up Velcro!

Me said...

Omigosh, the dog charm silencer is brilliant! I wish I'd invented wall decals (those plastic-y stickers that make it look like you painted perfect seashells or stars or flowers on your walls).

The Golfing Librarian said...

Al Gore beat me to the Internet and John McCain stole my idea for the Blackberry! Crap!

Heather Davis said...

Ok, I'm a grown up and I can't even do the high heels! That is hilarious.

I can't really think of anything I'd wish I'd thought up... but I would like someone to invent a really good on-a-timer espresso machine so my latte is ready for me when I wake up. That would be a cool invention. So far, most of the auto-frother things suck pretty bad, and no espresso is on a timer... ok -- someone do it! :)

hugs,

Heath