Saturday, February 07, 2009

Viva Mexico!


This is a long overdue post, but I have some great pics to share so why not!

In December, I went to Mexico City to interview candidates for jobs at Microsoft. The experience was absolutely NOT what I expected...



...from the amazing hotel suite I stayed in....




...to the spectacular Microsoft office where we conducted the interviews....



Me on top of the "Moon" pyramid




...to the day off where we got to explore the pyraminds at Teotihuachan. We also stopped by a tequila farm and sampled the goods!




There were some great stories about the indigeneous peope who used to live there. Did you know that when two teams played a sporting event, the WINNING team's captain would have his head chopped off? Weird, huh?




The funniest thing I saw where these "antler" mobiles I saw all over the city to celebrate Christmas. Cute, huh?


Did you know that the first chocolate beverage is believed to have been created by the Mayan peoples around 2000 years ago, and a cocoa beverage was an essential part of Aztec culture by 1400 A.D?

Inspired by a wonderful "mole" - chocolate and chilli sauce, I have designed my very own Mexican hot chocolate:
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sugar
- Flaked coconut
- Dark chocolate pieces
- Mexican chipotle chili powder
- Sea Salt
- Milk

I boil the milk and then add everything else...so good!
Do you have a favorite hot-chocolate recipe to share?
-------------------------------------------------------
Dona Sarkar-Mishra
http://donasarkarmishra.com

3 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

I do not have a favorite hot chocolate recipe to share, but I liked yours! As well as these pics. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Hagan Daas's MYAN CHOCOLATE ice cream yet? Once you do all others will pale by comparison...try making a shake out of it....*runs to buy some*


Sirena

Heather Davis said...

Cool pictures, Dona. I'm glad you got to visit some cool sites and weren't just stuck in the hotel!