Sunday, March 15, 2009

Coraline -- the Movie

Happy Sunday!

I'm having a great weekend and hope you guys are too. Last night I got to see the movie Coraline in 3D. Holy crap! Have you seen this movie yet? It's amazing. The film is beautiful and spooky and tells a great story.

Though the book was intended for middle-grade readers, the movie's not for kids, little ones anyway. It's a little intense. I think I may have had weird dreams from it, actually... Anyway, if you're looking for something fun to do, then for the price of a regular movie, go to Coraline in 3D where you'll feel like you've been to a scary circus minus the confetti-wielding clowns.


Neil Gaiman, who wrote the book Coraline, is also the winner of the Newberry Award for his most-recent book for young readers, The Graveyard Book. I picked this up along with a new Buzz Girl release this week -- and my TBR pile is now huge!


So what are you doing this weekend? Reading, going to the movies, preparing for St. Patrick's Day celebrations like me? And, most importantly -- did you see Coraline in 3D yet?

Hugs,

Heather
Never Cry Werewolf ~ HarperTeen Sept. '09
The Clearing ~ Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Spring '10

2 comments:

sunnynikki said...

I haven't seen Coraline yet but I just read The Graveyard Book and it was awesome.

This weekend, I worked and read Evermore. Pretty good weekend actually.

TinaFerraro said...

This sounds incredible--definitely going on "my list."