Sunday, November 15, 2009

Slang, Dude!


A couple weeks ago our readers we kind enough to help me pick a hottie celeb for my heroine to crush on. This week I'm going to ask for help, too...in helping this teen writing Mom keep current on slang. I'd love to hear what's popular in your neck of the woods...

Like...can a cool t-shirt be sick? Do guys still use "Dude" as "Hello?" Are "awesome," "random" and "wicked" still peppering high school campus sentences? Is "bad" still "good?"

I need the 4-1-1! Okay, I do know THAT's out of style...now tell me what's not!

Thanks!

Tina
Tina Ferraro
How to Hook a Hottie
The ABC's of Kissing Boys
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress
www.tinaferraro.com

5 comments:

Wendy Toliver said...

Here are the popular slang words around here for something being stylish or crazy (in a good way) or awesome: Fierce, Sick, Wicked, Cool (still a good one)

And in place of cuss words: Freak, Snap

:)

TinaFerraro said...

Hey, thanks, Wendy!

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

These two are my own and I'm spreading them around. It's full of WIN! which simply mean it's brilliant and there is also 'Dishy' as in he is hot.
All the very best.

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks so much fro WIN! and DISHY!

Christina said...

My friends say jokes instead of cool. Awesome and wicked are pretty big, too. Oh! and boss is the extreme version of cool.