Friday, November 20, 2009

Turkey or Sides?

I don't know about you but I'm counting down the hours til Thanksgiving. I'm on a diet (all holidays are excluded from diets, FYI) so I've been dreaming about it for a while. I think most people look forward to digging into a juicy, golden turkey, but I'm curious about your favorite sides.
Personally, I LIVE for stuffing!
And mashed potatoes! And rolls! But if you dare drop a disgusting sweet potato on my plate, I will gag. I don't care how dressed up with cute little marshmallows they are, sweet potatoes are my food enemy. And I have to admit I've never really done cranberries. I'm kind of against eating anything remotely healthly on Thanksgiving. It seems like a sin or something.
And don't even get me started on pie. Mmmm, pie. But I guess pie isn't technically a side. I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. Don't forget to tell me your favorite side!!!
xo,
Stephanie
www.stephaniehale.com

4 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

I love it all! But my favorite bite is probably dark meat mixed with a little stuffing and gravy. YUM!

And PS, I found both sweet potatoes and cranberries to be an acquired taste...have grown to love them both. But keep the peas off my plate, please!

Ellz said...

Does pumpkin pie count as a side (and whipped cream). If it does than my answer is pumpkin pie. If it doesn't then...well...I look forward to desert.

Elie (Ellz Readz)

Anonymous said...

Sides all the way. We always have this "salad" and I use that term lightly called Keebler Cookie salad. It's cookies in coolwhip, pudding, buttermilk and of course fruit. LOVE IT! and it can't be wrong because it is a salad.

Steph said...

i love artichokes!!! even though its kind of a course, but i still look forward to it every year. i also love stuffed mushrooms and the sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top. yummilicous!!!!!!