As Steph and Tina have pointed out, Tina, Rosemary Clement-Moore and I have been nominated in the Best Young Adult of RWA's RITA contest. (And I've been nominated for Best First Book, too, but that's not really relevant at the moment.) Just look at the wonderful company Tina, Rosemary and I are keeping with some of the past RITA winners who also happen to be some of my favorite writers.
- Karen Marie Moning (2001 Best Paranormal Romance for The Highlander's Touch)
- Rachel Gibson (2002 Best Contemporary Single Title for True Confessions)
- Jennifer Crusie (2005 Best Contemporary Single Title for Bet Me)
- Alesia Holliday (2006 Best Romantic Novella for "The Naked Truth About Guys")
- Kresley Cole (2007 Best Paranormal Romance for A Hunger Like No Other)
- Julia Quinn (2007 Best Long Historical Romance for On the Way To the Wedding and 2008 Best Regency Historical Romance for The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever)
- Caridad Ferrar (2007 Best Contemporary Single Title for Adios To My Old Life)
- Melissa Marr (2008 Best Young Adult for Wicked Lovely)
- J.R. Ward (2008 Best Paranormal Romance for Lover Revealed)
Your assignment, Buzzers, is to tell me your favorite author/book and what award you would give them if somebody let you totally make up awards. Like I would give E. Lockhart's Fly on the Wall the Best Book That Actually Made Me Want To Read Kafka award. Okay, your turn.
OH. MY. GODS. (available now!)
GODDESS BOOT CAMP (coming June 2009)