You're in for a scary treat as the Buzz Girls host a whole week of Halloween-themed posts. If you know me at all, you know that Halloween is my all-time favorite holiday. I love the costumes, haunted houses, candy, meals (click HERE for 2 of my favorite recipes), parties, and movies of the season. Today I'm going to share some of my favorite too-scary-to-watch-alone-at-night movies.
These are the oldies-but-goodies that are just as scary the first time I saw them as the tenth.
1. The Shining -- especially because I'm from Colorado and have been to the Stanley, where it's filmed.
2. The Exorcist
3. Rosemary's Baby
These movies are disgusting and highly disturbing but I'm not one to turn off the TV or leave the theater just because I'm squirming.
Sorry, but I don't really have any favorite slasher movies. Do you?
1. Silence of the Lambs
2. The Ring
3. Poltergeist (I saw this one when I was a little girl and I had a Bozo clown very similar to the one in Carol Anne's room so maybe it wouldn't creep me out so much now, but it sure did back then!)
These flicks are scary, sure, but they're also really cool in execution.
1. Sleepy Hollow (the 1999 one with Johnny Depp) Tim Burton does a great job adapting this freaky old story.
2. The Corpse Bride (okay, not too freaky but again, Tim Burton rocks)
1. Shaun of the Dead
3. Ghostbusters (I saw this for the first time as a little girl so I wasn't quite sure whether to be screaming or laughing, but it's a classic for sure)
What are some of your favorite scary movies?