Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thankful for boys in uniform...

No...not those boys in uniform...the boys who strap on the pads and jerseys every weekend and entertain us with their gladiatorness on the gridiron.



Yes, I'm talking football players! Respect them, cheer for them, love them!

I went to a "football" school, so it's in my blood. It runs Crimson, in fact. I majored in the football team my freshman year and boy, was it fun.



There's just something about a beautiful fall afternoon with the smell of football in the air. The clash between rivals, the ferocity trying to get that desperately needed first down, fighting for bragging rights. In college football, in particular, the players aren't being paid. They're playing with their guts. Not for glory.

In my SORORITY 101 books, football plays a big part on the Latimer University campus and is the setting for a lot of activities. And, there's a hunky football player that one of my heroines falls for. Of course!



Today is the The Big Game for my university: The Iron Bowl. It's the traditional yearly game between The University of Alabama (Roll Tide!) and Auburn University. While my Bama boys haven't had the best of seasons, I always expect them to rise to the occasion to battle the Tigers. (It's on ESPN tonight at 8:00 p.m. if you want to tune in.)














So, here's a hearty "Roooooooooooollllllllllllll Tide Roll" for the boys in Crimson who come into my living room every weekend and entertain me...and often break my heart. But I keep coming back for more.



Who's your favorite team? Do you have any traditions when getting ready for the games?

Hugs,
Marley = )

SORORITY 101: Zeta or Omega? (May 2008, Puffin Books)
SORORITY 101: The New Sisters (May 2008, Puffin Books)
GHOST HUNTRESS Series (Begins May 2009, Houghton Mifflin)

3 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Marley, I don't watch football, but wanted to send you best of luck with Bama, and to say I can't wait until your books hit the shelves!

Marley Gibson said...

Thanks Tina! Bama's gonna need all the help they can get! = )

The Girl You Used to Know said...

woo pig sooie!

I'm a hog fan through and through. And now that we finished off our season by beating the #1 team, I'm a VERY happy camper.

WOOOOO PIIIIIIG SOOOOOIE!