As hard as it is to believe in some parts of the country (i.e. OKC, where my folks are iced in) it's been ungodly hot in Houston this week. Today my car thermometer read 88 degrees. (Yes, you read that right). All this hot, humid weather has me dreaming of true winter weather. In honor of my fantasy and those readers currently experience Mother Nature's frigid side, here's my recipe for a perfect winter day:
1. Windows closed, but blinds open. (So you can see the winter, but not feel it.)
2. Thermostat set to toasty. (Not too hot, or you won't be able to truly enjoy #5.)
3. A warm, oversized, fleecy robe. (Knotted tight around your waist as you curl up in a comfy chair with #4.)
4. Stack of books waiting to be devoured (as I am currently devouring J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series... yum!).
5. Steaming hot bath, seasoned with tasty bubblebath (sugarplum is my flavor du jour) and bath oil (to leave your skin sleek and soft).
6. Candles glowing everywhere. (I got a dozen tiny votives at Hobby Lobby last week for an amazing $2.50!)
7. Warming-from-the-inside-out beverage of choice: hot tea (try Bigelow's Caramel and Vanilla with a splash of milk and a dash of sugar), gourmet hot chocolate (my grocery store sells single serving packs in yummy flavors like hazelnut and mint), or (if you're of age) and nice red wine (currently sipping on Rex Goliath Pinot Noir).
That's my perfect winter day... what's yours?
OH. MY. GODS. (Dutton) May 2008
Pre-order from Amazon now (and save 32%!)