Saturday, May 24, 2008

Jason Taylor Rocks My World!

Okay...just to be clear here...I do not watch ridiculous shows like American Idol and Dancing With the Stars. It's just not me. No way. No how.

However...

When I found out that my NFL heart-throb since 2000, star defensive end of my Miami Dolphins, Jason Taylor, was a contestant on said Dancing With the Stars, I made an exception to the No TV Schlock rule. And boy, am I glad!

JT not only charmed the judges and the audience alike, that two hundred forty pound, six-six body of his can dance like nobody's business.



Light as a feath'ah.

He had an amazing partner/coach in Edyta Sliwinska, who turned the fierce, yet hesitant football player into a dancer to be envied.



Did you see them dance? They may have come in second to the judge's favorite, Kristi Yamaguchi (who was fab, but come on...years of choreography on the ice gave her an advantage...a football player dancing like he did should have taken the mirror ball trophy home), but dancing like this can't be forgotten:



But he's more than just a pretty face. For thirteen years, Jason has been a member of the Miami Dolphins, and more than that, a giving member of the community. He supports many charities, including the United Way, the ASPCA, and has his own organization, called The Jason Taylor Foundation, that helps underpriviledged kids in Dade County Florida learn to read. Because of his charitable activities, the NFL named him the NFL Man of the Year. As a long-time fan of his, I was pleased that he was recognized on and off the field.



So, did you watch DWTS? If so, do you agree with me that JT was robbed?

Oh...I did a workshop this week on the Romance Divas' site called HAZARDOUS MATERIAL AHEAD: Avoiding Common Manuscript Mistakes, and I'm the guest blogger today at the fabulous Plotmonkeys. Hope you'll check in!

Thanks!
Marley = )

SORORITY 101: Zeta or Omega? - Available Now! Puffin Books
SORORITY 101: The New Sisters - Available Now! Puffin Books
GHOST HUNTRESS Series - Begins May 2009, Houghton Mifflin

4 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Marley, I don't often watch TV, but I made an an exception for Kristi and Jason, as well...and loved those last couple of shows. And how cool to hear that he "gives back," as well. Thanks for this!

Anonymous said...

it must suck being the weekend person because you never really know if anyone is reading and if they are why aren't they posting. suckage at it's best. sorry.

that guys is hot, tho

stephhale said...

I have to admit that I tuned out of DWTS after just a few episodes this season. I remember Jason being good from the beginning though. And VERY easy on the eyes! :)

Kwana said...

Marley, I'm with you all the way on this one!! ALL THE WAY!