Rummage sales are a lot of work but they can also be very fun. It's a great way to rid your house of excess "stuff", plus you walk away with some pretty good cash. If you've never been to a rummage sale, here are a few tips.
1) Please do not hand me a twenty dollar bill when you are buying something for a quarter, especially at six o' clock in the morning. It will not go over well.
2) Please do not let your child play with all of the toys for an hour and then not buy anything.
3) Please do not haggle with me over something marked ten cents. Seriously.
4) Please do not go through all my old clothes for sale and complain that they are just TOO big.
5) Do show up as I'm getting ready to close and offer me fifty bucks for everything! :)
Believe it or not, rummage sales are a great way to meet people. And you just never know when you might find that treasure you've been searching for.
So, are you a rummager or is your idea of a hand-me-down dating your b/f/f's b/f?
What I'm reading now...Airhead by Meg Cabot