Monday, June 02, 2008

Screamin' Meme!

We've been tagged by Diana Peterfreund, and all week, we're going to answer the same questions...

You're feeling: Excited.

To your left: filing cabinet, table piled high with my kids’ school stuff, a treadmill.

On your mind: My daughter. She's a finalist in her school's scholarship program, and the assembly is this morning.

Last meal included: Coffee. ;)

You sometimes find it hard to: believe that people can shrug off the same kinds of things I obsess about.

The weather: June Gloom.

Something you have a collection of: rejection slips. But ha--persistence pays off!

A smell that cheers you up: gardenias.



A smell that can ruin your mood: All Ultra 2 laundry detergent. (Let’s not go there.)

How long since you last shaved: TMI!

The current state of your hair
: as good as it gets.

The largest item on your desk/workspace (not computer): a notebook filled with hard copy pages of my work-in-progress.

Your skill with chopsticks: pathetic because I’m too impatient to give it the school girl try!

Which section you head for first in a bookstore: Shamelessly, Young Adult, to look for my books.




Something you’re craving: inner tranquility?

Your general thoughts on the presidential race: It is exciting to me how many younger voters are signing up to have their voices heard this year.

How many times have you been hospitalized this year: 0.

Favorite place to go for a quiet moment: my car.

You’ve always secretly thought you’d be a good: sit-com writer. Although in my heart of hearts, I know I’m not funny enough.

Something that freaks you out a little: being late.

Something you’ve eaten too much of lately: honey-mustard pretzel pieces.


You have never: ridden in a helicopter.

You never want to: experience another earthquake.

Okay, Heather, I'm passing the baton to you...

Tina

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
I, too, find that driving around can be very soothing and inspirational, as long as I keep my mind on where I'm going.

Janie

Liv said...

Honey mustard pretzels are divine. *drools* You have great taste. :P

The Golfing Librarian said...

Tina-
I hope those pretzels were washed doewn by a tall, ice cold glass of Coke!

TinaFerraro said...

While I do enjoy an icy cold Coke, I have had a lifelong weakness for pretzels and milk! Someone told me it was because it helps my blood sugar levels, but I just know it tastes good.

Heather Davis said...

Those pretzels sound yummy, Tina! And what's with the detergent? Can you tell us or is it way too gross?

hugs,

Heath

TinaFerraro said...

The detergent? The smell makes me gag. Whether it's liquid or even clothes that have been washed in it. My friends and I have joked that I need to have an "No All Ultra 2 detergent" sign posted at my booksignings, for my nose's sake and to make me look eccentric and brilliant. :)

Marley Gibson said...

Of course you go to the YA section and check on your books! I would expect no less from any YA author. LOL!! = )

Carolina said...

I don't know how to use chopsticks either but I don't really like Honey Mustard pretzels. I like the original ones though. :)