Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sniffle, Sniffle

Ugh! Sick. It’s nearly the weekend and I’m not quite done with a nosey little cold that showed up Monday afternoon. I hate being sick. I hate missing work. I hate being out of my daily routine. I hate the endless soup and crackers and tea with lemon. I haven’t had coffee in three days! Help!


I’m planning to be better by tomorrow night. I’ve got tickets to see Galactic, this awesome band from New Orleans that blends hip-hop, jazz, rock, and funk. I’ve also got a short trip out of town planned for Saturday and Sunday. Does the cold not get that?

The only good thing to come from this cold is that I took a day off to sleep and I was able to work on my TBR pile. That was a treat. I have so many good books in my queue.


Ok, guys – seriously - what is your favorite way to get rid of a cold? I’d love to hear your best suggestions for knocking the stuffing out of a nasty bug. I've done the tea, Emergen-C and all that stuff -- what works for you?



Hugs from a distance,



Heather, the Sniffly…


www.heatherdavisbooks.com

The Clearing – April 2010 HMH

Never Cry Werewolf – Sept 2009 HarperTeen

5 comments:

Beverley BevenFlorez said...

My secret is macaroni and cheese. I don't think it does anything for the cold, but it makes me feel better. :)

Feel better soon!

TinaFerraro said...

I like merlot for a sore throat! (But reminder, I am over 21 and the Buzz Girls do not endorse underage drinking! :))

Marley Gibson said...

Sleep, Heather. Lots and lots and lots of sleep. That's what your body needs. Hope you feel better, sweetie!! Hugs!

Eleni said...

Aw, I'm sorry your sick, I hope you feel better! Definitely have to agree with Marley with sleep! It's the best cure really and a lot of drugs :P

Celise said...

Fresh ginger root (just break off a little branch and cut into little chunks)
green onions, cut up
Hot soup

Mix it all together, then slip under the covers and prepare to sweat it out. Works every time. Ancient Chinese Herbal secret. LOL