Monday, July 12, 2010

Catch a Wave!

I've been spending a fair amount of time on the California coastline this summer, enjoying the sun (well, when it comes out), the spray of the surf (when I get close enough), and the sights. Like this one:


Making me realize that it is quite possible, that unlike my horse jumping fantasy, which I did make come true (and discussed here earlier this year), that it is likely that I will never Hang Ten. Not saying it definitely won't happen...but likely.

So here's a shout-out to all of you who have surfed. Allow me to live vicariously and tell me what it's like! Is it pure heaven? Scary? Exhausting? All of those? What say you?

Tina

Tina Ferraro
The ABC’s of Kissing Boys, 2010 Rita® Finalist
How to Hook a Hottie, 2009 Rita® Finalist
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress
www.tinaferraro.com

7 comments:

Janie Emaus said...

I tried it once. But as I'm terrified of big waves, I can't see it happening again. Although, I love the beach and love to watch surfers. So, anytime you're headed that way...pick me up!

The Golfing Librarian said...

I grew up far from beaches and never had the urge, and now that I do live near beaches, I still don't have the urge!

Heather Davis said...

I want to learn to surf, Tina. But I'm also scared of big waves like Janie. Still, I surf in my dreams!

nymfaux said...

Doesn't it look like fun!?!?!? I know there are places that will give you lessons--I hope you try it Tina--I think it would be amazing!!!! I totally have faith in you!!!

TinaFerraro said...

I appreciate the support, nymfaux, but then there's the fact I'd have to put on a bathing suit. LOL. Anyway, I am scheduled to go to Maui this fall...who knows?

nymfaux said...

@Tina--lol ;) You should keep an eye out for some of those "board" shirts they're like swimsuit tops in a t-shirt style--they'll give you more coverage plus they're super cute!!! I don't always see stores that carry them for adults, but I know you can find them at specialty swim shops--and you have plenty of time to watch for sales!!!

Plus, you know you'll want to do it just so you can write a kick-but surfing story!!!! lol--wish you the best!!!

stephhale said...

I love watching other people surf (on TV, of course) but I'm WAY too claustrophobic to ever try it. :)