Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's Getting Better All The Time...

As we've mentioned here, most of the Buzz Girls are soon off to Orlando for the Romance Writers of America conference!

In anticipation, my weekend has been mostly about shopping, planning, packing--and laundry!


And in between loads, I've taken a moment to stop and think about the laundry process, and how wonderful it is to have a washer-dryer inside my house. In my earlier days, I have had to (first) go to a laundrymat, (second) walk down a hill and up another to a neighboring apartment complex, and (third) head outside to the garage--all three of those made harder by night, cold and rain. Now I can do my laundry at any hour, in any weather, and dressed in my PJ's, if I want. And I love it!

So as I continue washing, drying, folding and packing, I'd love to hear from our readers...is there any pesky chore or small annoyance in your life that's gotten better lately? Through technology, a product you've heard about, a new friend who's helping out?

Tina

Tina Ferraro
The ABC’s of Kissing Boys, 2010 Rita® Finalist
How to Hook a Hottie, 2009 Rita® Finalist
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress
www.tinaferraro.com

7 comments:

Janie Emaus said...

I can't say that I love doing any household chores. But over the years, my husband has taken on the job of "Chef" and I'm loving it.

TinaFerraro said...

You can't beat an in-house chef, Janie!

nymfaux said...

I think I could be really happy if I had a maid. I've met some people out there that really like to clean...I'm not one of them.

I can totally sympathize with you, Tina--When I was growing up, the washer/dryer were in the basement, when I went to college, they were three floors down, in one apartment they were downstairs on the opposite side of the building--the most frustrating part is that our neighbor's laundry room was so much closer than ours!!! I thought I would be so much happier in our new apartment, with the washer/dryer right outside my room, but the truth is, I really just don't like doing laundry...or dishes...or cleaning--I do, because I like things that are clean, but cleaning makes me really snarky.

Although I did have a spur of the moment urge to clean my entire bathroom last night, and it really energized me, which made it hard to fall asleep...

I think the only thing that makes cleaning easier is not letting it pile up too much!

TinaFerraro said...

A maid, nymfaux! Now you're talking. :)

Catch Them If I Can ... said...

You want ONE pesky annoyance? LOL ... but we have so much time here. For me the big thing has been the summer heat, but there isn't much anyone can do about that but ride it out. I live in a place where there aren't ac's so when bad heat wave hits, you have to adjust your writing time to fit when you can stand to be at the computer. For me, I slept in, laid around doing lazy stuff during the day and then went to work when the sun went down with the windows open. There always is a way to find a way!!

Jacqui Jacoby
www.JacquiJacoby.com
Twitter: JaxJacoby
http://jaxsmovielist.blogspot.com

Wendy Toliver said...

My mom! LOL But really, she's here because she's been coming with us on all our summer trips and she's staying with my family so I can go to Orlando to the RWA conference this week. Can't beat having all the laundry caught up, dishes done, and meals made fresh!

TinaFerraro said...

Ah, yes, Jax, I feel your pain there. And my present house is the first I can recall living in with central AC!

And Wendy, how lucky are you? Wow! Although I know your mom is going to love spending time with your sweet boys!