He really is the quintessential bad boy because he demonstrates all the traits. Oh, what are they? Well...here we go...
1. Angst: A true bad boy always has a certain level of angst. As with Ryan, he came from the wrong side of the tracks, was abandoned by his family and thrust into a strange new world. Angst is his ally in getting through every day surrounded by rich kids who've never known a bad day in their lives.
2. Attitude: Ryan displays a certain attitude for life that helps him cope with every day situations, slightly mixed with a snarky, dry wit. Whether it be pining for the girl he's attracted to, fitting into his new family or making his way in a new school, the attitude is always there.
3. Fierce Loyalty: A bad boy like Ryan is fiercely loyal to those who prove themselves worthy of his trust. And he will move heaven and earth to support and defend them against anyone.
4. Toughness: Ryan's opening introduction to Newport was a fight scene with rich guys picking on him for being different and not "from 'round here." Ryan shows that while he can still be classy in the face of danger, he also doesn't take any $hit from anyone.
5. Sucker for a Girl: All Bad Boys are a sucker for the right girl. Ryan's Achilles Heel is his love and devotion to Marissa whom he'd move heaven and earth for. A true Bad Boy might be tough on the outside, but when it comes to time with the girl he loves, his softer side comes out.
6. Deadly Cute: Let's face it, most Bad Boys are just too cute for their own good. There's something about their rough edges that make them shine. And it makes us melt.
So, who's your text book Bad Boy? What qualities does he have?
Marley = )
Sorority Rush Begins - Spring 2008!
Rush - A Sisterhood Novel
Pledge Class - A Sisterhood Novel
What I'm Reading: Meg Cabot's Shadowlands