Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Book Launch: How to Salsa in a Sari


OMG!! Buzz Girl Dona Sarkar's book launch for How to Salsa in a Sari was great.

It was held on Saturday at a charming indie bookstore called Parkplace Books over on Seattle's Eastside.

Dona had a great turnout for the launch. Co-workers, family, friends, and a remarkable number of teens!

To start, she made a lovely speech thanking everyone who'd helped her along the way -- and then she read two passages from Salsa. Appropriately, she had a snack table full of chips and different salsas along with the usual cocktail food. Also, there was a tarot reader (long line!) and a cute little acoustic band playing tunes. There were a lot of women in, you guessed it, Saris. And check out Dona! Doesn't she look gorgeous in hers?!


Here I am getting my signed copy of the book! I am so proud of Dona. She's a great critique partner and friend. And her book rocks!
There were lots of people there for the signing. Here's a smattering of the line, including the lovely Tiara Girls, a group of writing friends from the Eastside.







Congratulations, Dona! I couldn't be happier for you and Salsa.

Hugs,

Heather


Heather Davis is the author of
Never Cry Werewolf
Coming in 2009 from HarperCollins

.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time! Glad to hear it went so well.

Me said...

Aw, it looks like so much fun! Wish I could have been there. But we'll make up for it in San Francisco. =)

Congrats on the fabulous launch, Dona. And, of course, the fabulous book!

stephhale said...

Dona, you look so beautiful. I'm so glad your special day was so much fun. Thanks for posting this Heather, it was almost like being there! :)

Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

Awww...Heather, you are so sweet. Thanks so much for posting the amazing pics. I had SO much fun that night!

Anonymous said...

Wow wat a lovely booklaunch!!!wish i could have visited it!*but i live on the other side of the earth haha)
Hope my copy arrives soon, won it a month ago..just a little bit curious!

Marley Gibson said...

What do you mean doesn't Dona look gorgeous in her sari? LOL...Dona looks gorgeous ALL the time!

What a lovely event, great pictures, and fantastic turnout. CONGRATS to Dona on her success...and what a good friend you are, Heather.

= )

TinaFerraro said...

What a fantastic book launch, and so happy to see these pictures here! Warm congrats, Dona!

And tell me...is that Shannon M. two from the left in that last pic?

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

I was so happy to help you celebrate at your book launch party, Dona! If anyone is interested in seeing a few more pics, I have the event posted over at my blog, too. I'm also holding a giveaway of an extra signed book I purchased that night just for a plug for Dona. :-) So, go enter! I'm extending the deadline another day. Thanks for letting me be a part of your exciting night, Dona!

Christina

Anonymous said...

your pretty

Marley Gibson said...

Great to see Shannon and Christina in the pics! = )

Anonymous said...

It was a fabulous launch party! Dona looked amazing, as always.

Congratulations again, Dona!