First of all ---- YAY, DONA!!!
Today is the offiicial release day for How to Salsa in a Sari !!
Dona worked so hard for this! Congratulations, Sweetie!!!
Welcome to 2008 Buzz Blog readers!
Here are a few guidelines to help you, if you are a resolution maker.
1) Make sure it is something under your control -- and make it specific. Don't resolve to lose weight, for example. Resolve to drink more water, eat more healthy meals, take regular walks, etc.
2) Don't choose something drastic. Cold turkey anything is hard to acheive. Don't resolve to stop drinking soda forever. Resolve to cut down to a certain amount over time, until you don't want it anymore.
3) Write it down. Any goal or resolution written down -- and re-read regularly is going to be easier to acheive. Post it somewhere you look often -- a mirror, your computer, the fridge door, etc...
4) Consider making a multi-step resolution. Divide your bigger goal/resolution into 4 pieces and resolve to do one per quarter of the year.
5) Track your progress. Measure your steps toward your goal along the way - that will help give you a feeling of accomplishment and keep you motivated!
6) Enlist a buddy to help keep you accountable. Report your progress, setbacks, acheivements to your resolution/goal buddy! It will help you both.
So, those are my top tips. Have any of you made resolutions this year? I think one of mine is to comment more regularly on the Buzz Blog!! ;)
Happy New Year!!
Heather Davis is the author of
Never Cry Werewolf
Coming in April 2009 from HarperCollins