Thursday, May 14, 2009

Big Personal Milestone for Dona :)

Last Saturday, I completed my first half marathon. Technically I'm not supposed to run anymore due to a knee issue, but two of my lovely friends and I decided to walk the entire 13.1 miles. The first five miles were a killer...they were all uphill. Steep hills!
Us cheerful at 6 am!
Checking out the competition!
Doing a good stretch and getting ready for the big hills ahead!

We're off!

The race was uphill through my hometown of Kirkland, then down to the waterfront and along the beautiful Lake Washington. When we finished, we felt like we were on top of the world!

Have you guys ever done a triathalon or a marathon? What other big personal milestones have you achieved lately?

------------------------------

Dona Sarkar

http://donasarkarmishra.com

5 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Dona, I'm a hill walker, but never more than about 4 miles. I salute you! And thank you for sharing these pics!

stephhale said...

I'm with Tina, four miles is about as far as I've ever gone. You never cease to amaze me, Dona! Congrats!

The Golfing Librarian said...

When I lived in Orlando id walk regularly. My fave route was 5 miles on the nose; basically, it was from my door, around Arnold Palmer's Bayhill Country Club and Lodge, then back to my door. I'd do that 2-3 times a week. best thing was thare were NO DOGS!

Heather Davis said...

Way to go, Dona! So proud of you.

Marley Gibson said...

Dona...you ARE Super Woman! Way to go, you! Very proud of you. = )