- I always start with a basic suit: jacket, pants and skirt. All three are absolutely necessary. I always do a gray or a black because that's what looks good on my olive skin. Some people look amazing in creams and navy. Not so much me. And I always make sure this stuff is wrinkle-proof. More than hating luggage, I hate ironing!
- I then add in 3-4 lighweight tops, blouses, camisoles, sweaters, whatever. Things that can work alone or with a jacket are a must. I always take tops in cobalt blue, dark red, black and sea green. These are colors that work with my skin for both day and night and go really well with black or gray.
- I then add one or two fun skirts in cool colors like pink or orange or turquoise. Colors I wouldn't necessarily wear near my face, but that are beautiful anyway.
- I add one dress that can be for day or night. I usually take black or red because they're my favorites.
- One pair of glam shoes with a heel and one pair of comfy shoes (wedges, etc)
And that's it! I suddenly have SO many outfits.
Jacket + Pants + Top
Jacket + Skirt + Top
Skirt + Top
Pants + Top
Dress + Jacket
.....the list goes ON and ON. If you get pieces you LOVE on their own, you will never run out of options. And everything must fit immpeccably. If you're tugging and pulling and hiring, this doesn't work. By changing shoes and jewlery, you can take an outfit from day to night in seconds.
For RWA, I need a few other things.
- Evening gown for GH. I have a few to choose from, but I'll decide at the last minute.
- Fun jewelry. I'm a BIG necklace person because I usually wear my hair down and my ears are obscured.
- Eye drops and a foot massager...for long nights spent dancing!
So, that's my RWA packing list! How's your packing going?
HOW TO SALSA IN A SARI - out now!
SHRINK TO FIT - August 2008