Friday, April 09, 2010

I want my hour back...

Have you been feeling a little sleepy since March 14? I know I have. That was the day that we "sprang" forward and lost a precious hour to our already over-scheduled lives. I'm becoming less and less of a fan of daylight savings time the older I get.
My mind knows that it is only one hour I'm losing and that I'll get it back sometime in November, but my body is screaming and pulling the covers over my head each morning in protest.
Daylight light savings originated in 1895. It was first instituted in the United States during WWI to save energy for war production due to late daylight hours. It was required again in WWII. I'm pretty sure it became standard practice in the 60's. In 2007, it was extended four weeks in hopes that it would save 10,000 barrels of oil each day. This would be completely awesome and I would be all for getting up early if anyone could actually prove that this happens.
So, how about you? Do you enjoy popping out of bed an hour earlier or do you drag around until you get your hour back in the fall?

Happy weekend! Come back next week for a fun week to celebrate Heather's new release!!
xo,
Stephanie
www.stephaniehale.com

2 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Haha, Steph, like you I was thrown off my the time change, too. Plus, being completely math-challenged, I kept forgetting which way it used to be...like is it 6 now/but really 7/or 5? Sheesh! Good thing I have months to recover...

Heather Davis said...

I hate the time change, Steph. It takes me weeks to catch up, I swear. ;(