1) Stumbling upon things that remind me of my upcoming release, REVENGE OF THE HOMECOMING QUEEN. I found this adorable necklace for $6 and it came with the cutest little frog jewelry book. Doesn't he look exactly like my cover frog? I asked him if he did modeling, but his only reply was, "ribbit". Freaking models...
2) Dry toilet seats- One might think this is a given but remember I live in a house with two toddlers and a man/child. Our ONE bathroom is pretty much the equivalent of one at a frat house. If you haven't ever plopped your butt down in the middle of the night in a puddle of someone else's urine you are very lucky. Occasionally, the boys will actually hit make the target. Those are very good days!
3) Seeing a brown horse everyday- Not because I like horses because I'm not really a fan. It goes back to this whole camping trip as a Girl Scout on these really steep trails and me trapped on the back of some renegade horse determined to make his own trail. I still have nightmares about it. Okay, so every morning during my walk I pass this brown horse (not the one in the pic) and it makes me really happy to see him because it means that I am 3/4 of the way done walking my three miles! :) I was going to take his pic but he is really snotty and he won't even come close to the fence unless you have an apple. Talk about a diva!
4) Spray-on suntan lotion- Even though you practically need to wear an oxygen mask just to apply the stuff, I love it. Because YES, I really am too lazy to rub it in.
5) Afternoon matinees with my husband when we are the only ones in the theater- We used to do this all the time since my hubby usually has weekdays off but once the kiddies came, it seriously curtailed our movie going. We got to go see Disturbia yesterday. It was really good. But I'm kind of crushing on Shia in a big way so I might not be the best judge. (Mental telepathy to Shia: You want to play the male m/c in my book really, really bad. But you better hurry b/c pretty soon you'll be too old)
6) Surprises on my computer- The coolest thing EVER happened yesterday. I logged into myspace and I had a comment from a girl that I had approved as a friend. It turns out that she is the beauty gracing my cover! HOW COOL IS THAT? I was always hoping that she would find me and since I have pretty much pimped her face out all over the Net I guess it was just a matter of time, but I couldn't get over how cool it was that we found each other!
See, I told you I wasn't high maintainence! So what little things give you a daily buzz?
What I'm reading...just printed off Rush: A Sisterhood Novel by Marley Gibson...I can't wait to start!
All that matters is what's inside...as long as your outside is wearing the tiara!
REVENGE OF THE HOMECOMING QUEEN, July 3, 2007, Berkley Jam