Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Before High School Musical, there was....

High School Reading!

Where to start with this topic. I loved so many books in HS. Whenever a brand new school year started, I would literally tingle with excitement because of all the READING I would get to do for school. Yes, I was a nerd. No one liked me very much :)

Let us begin:

A SEPARATE PEACE -- I loved this story of friendship between two boarding school boys...it stayed with me for years.
THE PEARL -- this story of what happens to a poor fisherman when he finds a precious pearl is the quintessential "Be careful what you wish for" story
GONE WITH THE WIND - Enough said...to this day one of my favorite books.
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD - Like Heather, this is one of my faves (BTW, ADORABLE kitty, Heather!)
MIDSUMMER'S NIGHTS DREAM - my fave Shakespeare ever.

...and I cant't think of any more now, but there were many many MANY that I loved.

I KNOW WHAT I READ THIS SUMMER (YA Edition)
- Revenge of the Homecoming Queen
- Eclipse
- New Moon
- The Edification of Sonya Crane
...and again, I know I'm missing a bunch. These were the ones that stuck in my head.

I would love to hear your reading lists!
---------------------------
Dona Sarkar-Mishra
http://donasarkarmishra.com

3 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Man, Dona, you got to read GWTW for required reading? One of my all-time faves. I tell you, the more we Buzz Girls talk about our high school required reading, the more I resent my old school district!

Marley Gibson said...

I did, too, Tina! (See my Saturday post to come.) My teacher was against it, but I convinced her I could do it and carry off the book report. = )

Alyson Noel said...

Hmmm, my favorite high school reading was probably- Catcher in the Rye, The Bell Jar, and The Great Gatsby. And bowing my head in shame that I haven't ready any YA's over the summer- but that's only because I never read the genre I'm currently writing in- which made for loads of non-fiction tomes, and a towering TBR pile since not reading does not equal not buying!