Sunday, September 04, 2011

Goodbye to Summer!


As it's been in the 90s home in Utah and at the time this posts I'll be coming back from my cousin's wedding in Dallas, Texas, which has made the news for having the longest stretch of over 100 degree days, it's hard to believe that it's actually September. But it is! And all this week, the Buzz Girls are going to be sharing their summer highlights.

As I posted in August, CLICK HERE, this was the Summer of Reunions for me. A family reunion, two high school reunions (my husband and I graduated from our respective high schools the same year), and a work reunion for the advertising agency where I used to work. All were very fun and as reunions have a way of doing, they gave me an occasion to reminisce and remember my roots. All in all, I can honestly say I've had some pretty darn amazing people in my life and I couldn't be more thankful for their support and love.

Some of my favorite moments of the summer include:
  • hanging with my almost two-year old nephew, who lives in Denver
  • witnessing the kids in my writing camps become better writers in just two weeks
  • boating in Pineview Reservoir (I only got to use my new wakeboard once, though, because I injured my back in May)
  • getting to meet talented authors Lara Zielin, Sheila Nielson, and Sarah Ockler
  • appetizers on a rooftop terrace overlooking downtown Denver with my husband, brother, sister-in-law, best girl friend from high school, and best guy friend from college
  • my youngest son's 5th birthday party which started 4 hours early and ended 5 hours late
  • rescuing Miller the Duck off the highway in Ogden Canyon (he's doing GREAT in his new home, by the way) CLICK HERE if you missed that story.

Though it's been a fabulous summer, I'm really looking forward to the fall. Now that my back is doing much better and I'm finally able to tie my own shoes, I'm going to start practicing yoga again real soon, and I'm excited to get back to work on a new YA book proposal. I've also been asked to be a writer in residence, along with the mega-talented Sydney Salter, at an alternative high school, which is a great honor.

Enough about me! What about you? What are some of the highlights of your summer and is it just me, or are you looking forward to fall, too?


3 comments:

Rachel Brooks said...

Awww, Miller the duck is so cute! It doesn't feel like summer is over for me, mainly because it is still so hot in Texas!

Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

TinaFerraro said...

Wendy, I loved hearing about your summer, and especially the update on Miller! As for what I have been up to, well, I chatted a couple weeks ago here about mt terrific trip to Seattle, and, well, check in tomorrow for my post for more...

stephhale said...

Miller is so adorable!!