Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fan Girl Alert: Deb Caletti


Just a quick post on this freezing cold Thursday to confess a fan girl moment. I'm sure you've had a few of them. And let's remember the Meg Cabot incident of mine from 2006 in Atlanta. I am one of those people who gets star-struck.

So imagine my terror/delight at meeting YA uber-goddess Deb Caletti at the Pacific Northwest Writers Association holiday party last Saturday. I have long admired Deb's work and her hard-built career. I managed to get her to sign a copy of her National Book Award finalist, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart for me -- and she was kind enough to talk a little about how she stays in touch with her readers. She was, of course, amazing and sweet in person.


So now, before you zoom to the previous post to comment on Marley's holiday giveaway -- admit something in comments --

Who are you a fan girl for? Have you had any embarrasssing run-ins with your literary hero? If you could meet any author, who would it be?



Hugs,


Heather

http://www.heatherdavisbooks.com/
The Clearing - HMH April 2010
Never Cry Werewolf - HarperTeen Sept 2009

3 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

I am a total Janet Evanovich fan girl, and I will forever cringe over how I gushed over at at thw 2009 Romance Writers of America conference. She was a total sport, and posed for a picture with me--holding MY book!

Marjolein Reads said...

Im sitill a huge Meg Cabot fan, hope I can meet her someday.
And all the Booksboysbuzz authors, that would be cool!

Princess Clair said...

I want to buy the book The Secret "Life of Prince Charming" by Deb Colette .But still could not found few details about this books. So I need few description of this book. I just know this book is specially for teens or girls.