Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Favorite Thing: Coffee!

First things first, let's be clear what I mean when I say coffee. I don't mean that dark, black, bitter stuff that makes my mouth turn inside out. My parents drink that by the gallon but unless it has loads of cream and flavored syrups, plain old coffee does not make my list.

Instead, I mean coffee with funny names. Like frappuccino. My winter time favorite at Starbucks (aka my office)  is the mint mocha frappuccino (no whip, to save on calories) and my summer go-to ice blended is the caramel frappuccino. If I'm near a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf I'll get a white chocolate. Heaven! (Sadly, I am not near a Coffee Bean at the moment. Sniff sniff.)



If I'm feeling moderately healthy, and the weather is cool enough, I'll get a soy chai latte. Great soy proteins from the vanilla soy milk. Yummy, earthy, aromatic chai tea spices. Mmmm, I can just smell it.



Some of my other coffee shop favorites are toffee nut lattes, iced green tea lemonade, and (if I'm going for a major indulgence) a white chocolate mocha. Maybe with peppermint.

Wanna know another favorite? Jaclyn Moriarty. Aka the author whom I wish I was. (Not her life, necessarily, although I'm sure it's quite lovely, but her writing. Sigh.) So, in honor of my stalking victim favorite author, I'm giving away a copy of her book, The Year of Secret Assignments.

To enter, just leave the name of your favorite winter beverage in comments. (No fair copying mine!)

Hugs and happy holidays,
TLC

Oh. My. Gods. and Goddess Boot Camp (out now!)
Forgive My Fins (coming June 1, 2010)

PS. No one has guessed the Mystery Bee (mwuahaha) but ~Jamie and Paige can email me (tlc at teralynnchilds dot com) their mailing info to get a slick set of Oh. My. Gods. and Goddess Boot Camp buttons.

21 comments:

Megan said...

Favorite winter drink: Hazelnut hot chocolate Favorite summe drink: Iced mocha hazelnut latte, but only if by summer I mean anytime I am not enjoying the above "winter" treat. I really enjoyed The Summer of Secret Assignments and need to actually follow through on my plan to read more of her books. Please mail me a green tea lemonade, I really want to try it! ;)

Unknown said...

Where I live we have a local chain named Caribou Coffee. When I go there and don't get a plain dark roast coffee (I do like dark strong stuff!) I get a fluffy drink. Here's the orders: Lite White Berry with sugar-free Raspberry. LOVE those things!!!!!!

Jami said...

Favorite Winter Drink: white chocolate peppermint mocha. But I rarely indulge. It is WaaaaaaY too fattening! Actually, I'd rather have a choke any time of year! LOL

jpetroroy said...

Plain old hot chocolate with LOTS of marshmallows

Unknown said...

I invented this drink, and it is made of AWESOME:

Hot chocolate
1-3 shots of espresso
A shot of peppermint or (better) a whole candy-cane

Sara said...

ohh Starbucks <3

My favorite winter beverage is def. hot chocolate with whipped cream - perfect after a day out in the cold!

j.leigh.bailey said...

Hot apple cider. Yum-yum. :)

~Jamie said...

I emailed you! (LMK if you don't get it... I tend to end up in spam folders)

My favest drink is a soy caramel macchiato. mmmmmmmm... I think I will go get one in a few minutes!

TinaFerraro said...

I love pumpkin lattes, cinammon lattes, and whenever I feel like I'm getting sick, I turn to chai lattes.

And thanks for the heads-up on The Summer of Secret Assignments. I'm putting it on my 2010 reading list!

Meredith said...

Good old hot chocolate is my favorite! It has to be made with milk though, otherwise it is not so good.

~Meredith F.
rosesaremyfavorite at hotmail dot com

Marjolein Reads said...

My favorite alltime winter drink is definately the classic hot coco with cream. The Starbucks drinks look pretty nice too, have to try them soon!

Christina said...

Carmel apple spice. Soooo good. Walk to the store in the cold with a sprained ankle good.

chocowafer said...

Mine is PEPPERMINT mocha frappuccino! :)

Llehn said...

Hot cocoa!

Celise said...

My favorite winter drink is hot chocolate from Lamar's Donuts...loaded down with fresh whipped cream.

Bidisha said...

Just plain old coffee with a generous dose of whipped cream. Yum!

stephhale said...

Sigh, I love the smell of coffee but the taste makes me gag. I feel so uncool! I do love a mug of rich hot chocolate with marshmallow syrup and whipped cream though.
Has Jaclyn gotten a restraining order yet? :)

kaymf said...

I just love hot cocoa

Heather Davis said...

Ooh - I need some serious caffeine now, Tera! I think I love a yummy morning coffee with either non-alcoholic eggnog or a splash of Bailey's. Add some whipped cream and yummmm! Nothing like that on Xmas morning. ;)

Anonymous said...

My favorite winter drink is hot chocolate (out of a box i.e. nestle) with peppermint(from my tree) and cinnamon.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...my favorite drink is a vanilla/mocha frappuccino, or at Caribou Coffee, a Northern Lite Vanilla/Caramel Cooler...yumm. In winter I love white chocolate hot cocoa at Caribou Coffee, with extra whipped cream (yum!) and white chocolate chips. Just like your Coca-Cola addiction, I will take those drinks over food any day!