Friday, December 11, 2009

Making my list and checking it twice...

I can't believe it is only two weeks until Christmas! Why does it seem to come faster and faster every single year? I still have tons of gifts to buy, and I haven't wrapped a thing yet. As a child, I never realized how much work goes into making Christmas so magical. I'm constantly trying to outdo myself every year to make this time of year extra special for my boys. I found something last year that I fell in love with. It's called The Elf on the Shelf. It is a little elf that comes with a story of how the elf was sent to watch the children to make sure they are being good. Every night the elf goes back to the North Pole to report his findings to Santa. Then every morning the elf is in a different place. My boys have an absolute ball waking up every morning to see where the elf is. I actually woke up, practically in a sweat, the other night because I forgot to move him. I had to tiptoe out to the living room in the middle of the night to find him a new spot. I know that I only have a few more years before they find out "the truth" so I'm trying to cherish every second of the magic.

Isn't he adorable? I hope he tells Santa how good I've been this year. Have you been naughty or nice this year?

P.S.-Stop by Tina Ferraro and Kelly Parra's blog today to read about my favorite Christmas movie and to win a copy of my third book, Spring Breakup. http://yafresh.blogspot.com/2009/12/stephanie-hales-favorite-holiday-movie.html

xo,

Stephanie

www.stephaniehale.com

1 comment:

TinaFerraro said...

Hey, Steph, all I can say is I have tried to be nice! =)

And yes, everyone drop by YA Fresh when you're finished reading (and commenting) here, and enter to win!