Friday, February 04, 2011

Snow Daysss.....

For once the weather forecasters were actually right. Here in Illinois, we got blasted with ice, snow, extremely-high winds, more ice, and negative wind chill temperatures. It was awesome. My kids got THREE snow days. THREE!!!

(I didn't make this but I could have!)


I never got three days off in a row when I was younger. And instead of instant phone calls or faster moving tickers on the TV, we actually had to wait for someone to read our school name off the newscast. And don't even think about going to the bathroom because there was no DVR to back it up if you missed it.
(I could never live like this. Gotta have my furnace.)

Thankfully we never lost power so we filled the time with UNO tournaments, GO Fish tournaments, and lots of movie nights. We even got ahead of the game by finishing the boys Valentines a week early. Before the Arctic air moved in we played in the snow and rode our four-wheeler.

(Genius!)

There is just nothing better than being holed up with the people you love most in the world. What is your favorite way to enjoy a snow day?

xo,

Stephanie

www.stephaniehale.com

4 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

WOW! LOVE that snowman sign!

I haven't been in a snow day since I was a kid, but I have this wonderful memory of making a peach pie with my mother.

But we get lots of what I think of as rain days here. Where I sit inside and watch the rain pour down on our hills. And try to lose myself in a wonderful book...

Bwyatt said...

That is one hell of a snowman!

Heather Davis said...

Sounds like fun snow days at least, Steph! I like the snowman sign, too! My favorite snow days when I was younger were sledding in the park near our house with my siblings and making lots of noodle soup for lunch. (Maybe they were cup'a'noodles - very popular back then!)

Jess Day said...

My family makes a lauge in the backyard. Literally all the kids from our neighborhood come to use it. We also build quincies, a type of igloo. Good times.