Saturday, February 26, 2011

Where in the world is Dona?

Long time no hear, huh everyone! I have been fairly absentee lately (okay, longer than lately, hmmmm!)
I have been traveling a lot lately...some for work, some for non-work, but it's always been fun because one thing I really, really love is being in other cities. This is a good thing because I have been traveling every 2 weeks since last August! So, where in the world have I been?
My travelogue looks a little something like this....
August 29th, 2010 - My husband surprised me with a birthday weekend in San Francisco where my best friends from college live. We had a fun, cake-filled weekend and I really enjoyed turning the big 3-0!
This is me post one of my many b'day dinner at Michael Mina's restaurants in downtown San Francisco
Next on the list, just two weeks later was a week in Michigan and Toronto last September. I was there for work, but also got a chance to see my family and old high school friends!
This is my parents and I outside a historical hotel in Toronto enjoying an Afternoon Tea service--my favorite meal!
Two weeks after that I was asked to go to Mexico City to help hire some great candidates for Microsoft. Contrary to what people might think, the city is actually quite lovely and historical. Plus the food is amazing! My favorite dishes are tacos al pastor and chilaquiles. If you've never had either of these, I highly recommend them!
This is in Mexico City enjoying an amazing coconut ice cream!
We got a great deal to Vegas at the last minute last November, so my husband and I spent the weekend there. We had many surprises there including meeting "Chef of the Year" Joel Rubuchon!
Two weeks later, I was sent to Puerto Vallarta for work in December--interviewing Mexico students for MIcrosoft. Do I have the best job or what? One tradition in PV is the seafood! All shrimps, lobsters, crab, etc was served on giant cookie sheets...delicious!
Taking a little break from all the work :)
Next up was our real big vacation of the year. Every year we try to spend two weeks in the Caribbean. It's the most exciting two weeks for us and this past trip was no exception! We went to Barbados, St. Kitts, British Virgin Islands and Antigua. We spent the entire two weeks lazing on the beach and snorkling and diving. It was the closest to a perfect life as I can imagine!
I would definitely go back!
This is us saying good-bye to the beach...we'll be back!
The last place I visited was Minneapolis. I went for work, but also got to see my sister. We spent a great morning shopping and eating and just catching up on girl time!
This is my sis at a great little bakery...doesn't that bread look amazing?
Next week I am off (again) to San Francisco for a friend's wedding and then the week after I am off to Michigan again to speak to a sorority about my writing! I will have many pictures and more to share from my travels.
What's a place you visited that you were surprised to actually enjoy? What are some of your fave places to visit?
Have a lovely weekend!
--Dona

4 comments:

Me said...

Gah, Dona, I am so jealous of your travels! Looks like you've been having a fabulous time all around the continent. Hopefully you'll get to hang out in Seattle for a while, especially after I move there! ;)

TinaFerraro said...

Dona, I adored seeing all these pictures and hearing of your travels. And color me GREEN with envy that you can eat all that good stuff (like coconut ice cream!) and still look so amazing in a bikini!

As far as a recent trip, between Christmas and New Years, we rented a condo for a family ski vacation, which was a lot of fun.

Wendy Toliver said...

Thanks for the great photos and tales from your recent travels! so cool!

Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

You guys are too kind :) Tera, I am keeping my Saturdays open for writing with you!