Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Wish


One thing I find myself wishing almost every day is for more time. More time to get everything done, or to get the things I need to do done better. More time to take time off of the things I have to do so I can do the things I want to do.


Here's a list of things I'd do if there were more hours in the day:


  1. Sleep more. (Soooo sleepy these days!)

  2. Try new recipes. I have so many great cookbooks and would love to make something new every day.

  3. Learn to play the guitar and/or become better at playing the piano.

  4. Become fluent in Spanish.

  5. Take creative writing (or similar) classes at our local university.

  6. Become an Active again in the Junior League. (I'm currently a Sustainer which is like being retired but I miss volunteering in this particular organization.)

  7. Spend more time at my sons' school, helping kids read and write.

  8. Read more books.

  9. Write more books. (I'll be happy if I can just finish my current proposal at this point.)

  10. Paint my toenails.

  11. Exercise more (including taking my boys snowboarding more often).

What would YOU do if you could squeeze it into your daily schedule?

6 comments:

Andrea Mack said...

I am always wishing for more time!
A few of the things I'd do are:
1. Work on the next book I want to write.
2. Take up drawing again.
3. Work on the scrapbooks I'm making for my daughters.
4. Go on more nature walks.

But in reality, if I actually did get more time, I'd probably use it to clean up the stuff that's been piling up around my house.

TinaFerraro said...

I'd definitely like to read and write more. But also, do household projects--repainting, redecorating, even "big" cleaning, inside and out. But the latter doesn't have great appeal, so it rarely makes it to the top of my list!

Wendy Toliver said...

Good ones!

Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

I always wish for more time to spend with my friends! I feel like I never get enough time for hanging out and catching up on gossip with friends!

Bidisha said...

1. Finish my University applications.
2. Finish my current WiP.
3. Spend more time with my grandmom.
4. Finish all the books on my TBR pile.

Wendy Toliver said...

Me too, Dona. And Bee, nice, well rounded list!
Thx for sharing, everyone.