Saturday, July 05, 2008

Day of Beauty

I'm blogging from my hairdressers. Yes, they have an internet cafe...how cool, eh? I just got my hair cut and styled and am now waiting as my hubby gets his hair cut. This place is fabulous...in addition to the internet, they have complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, cookies and other snacks. You also get a free hand massage while you're getting your hair cut. It's true pampering.

I have to admit that I'm a sucker for this kind of attention. I love to be rubbed. LOL! I think I was a cat in a previous life. (tee hee)



Also, this time of year is true pedicure season. I love trying out new colors on my feet -- mostly those that match my sandal collection. It's a great way to relax and pamper yourself.



And then, there's the hour massage. Loves getting my back and feet rubbed. They reach muscles I didn't even know I had. Ahhhh...



So, how do you pamper and treat yourself? What's your favor spa treatment?

Hugs,
Marley = )

SORORITY 101: ZETA OR OMEGA? - Available Now! Puffin Books
SORORITY 101: THE NEW SISTERS - Available Now! Puffin Books
GHOST HUNTRESS - Coming May 2009, Houghton Mifflin

12 comments:

Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

I am so jealous! Marley, I LOVE LOVE LOVE massages and pedicures...I am positive I was a cat in my former life. A big, fat, spoiled housecat to be exact :)

I always fall asleep when anyone is rubbing my back or feet, but when I wake up, I feel like a new person with zero stress or problems :)

HOpe your pampering day was fuN!

Cara King said...

I'm afraid my favorite spa treatment is saying "no thanks" and reading a book instead. ;-)

BTW, that cat pic is seriously disturbed! It *almost* looks real, and then you see the expression on that one cat's face... :)

Cara

TinaFerraro said...

Yes, startling cat picture!

Like Dona, I'm a spa fanatic, too. In fact, last weekend I went and had a hot stone massage and facial...and it was heavenly.

Marley Gibson said...

LOL Cara!! That cat image is actually an animated .gif that has the tiger kitty doing a back rub...but it didn't want to repost that way.

Back from my pedicure where I went with a metalic pink today. Not exactly what I usually go for, but it's a nice change.

Happy Saturday everyone! = )

Anonymous said...

what do the hot rocks do for you?

Kristen Painter said...

I love that cat pic! And when it comes to spa treatments, any of them is my favorite. Seriously. In fact, I could really use a massage or a facial right about now.

Maria Geraci said...

LOL, love the cat pic! And I'm insanely jealous that you spent the day at the spa yesterday. Without a doubt, my fav tx is a manicure. I always always look at people's hands. They tell you a lot about them.

TinaFerraro said...

Petra, the hot rocks question intrigued me too. You see, I won this massage in a charity auction and wondered what I was in for!

What they do is take small, smooth stones, and heat them to slightly above body temp and then essentially cup one in the palm of each hand and then use it during the massage. It was particularly nice on tired feet!

Simone Elkeles said...

The cat picture is so cute!

Kwana said...

Oh Mar I want your hairdresser! I love a good foot rub. There is nothing like it. Bliss!

Fifi Flowers said...

Love the kitty massage photo... hilarious!
Who doesn't love to be pampered!

Heather Davis said...

Hilarious cat picture, M! I love going to the spa, too. I recently got my first professional facial and it was awesome, but my all-time fave is a massage.

I do love pedicures, too. I love how cute my toes look when they're painted up pink.