Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And The Cover News Just Keeps On Coming

Okay, we all saw the cover of GODDESS BOOT CAMP (June '09) on my pile o' ARCs last week, and that was pretty exciting. But this week I have another new cover to share. (And, since it's been posted on Amazon and Banes & Noble, I'm going to assume cleared for public viewing.)

When OH. MY. GODS. released in hardcover this May (I almost wrote "last year" because it feels like that long) it had an absolutely gorgeous cover that I, to this day, adore.



But the good people at Penguin, never content to settle for simple adoration, decided that OH. MY. GODS. needed a new cover for the forthcoming paperback edition (May '09). I was nervous. I mean, I adore Agias and his sand and his pink sneakers (even though Phoebe would never wear pink sneakers) and his rock hard six-pack. How could a new cover compete?

Here's how:


What do you think? I still love my stone cold stud, but the new cover is so beautiful and adorable and magical that I'm kind of okay with saying goodbye to hunky Agias. (Besides, look how much bigger my name is!)

Now you weigh in. Do you like the new cover better than the original? Do you like them both the same? Do you wish I didn't ask you to make such tough decisions??? (Okay, so it's not life or death.) Bottom line: Which cover would most entice you to pick the book off a shelf?

Hugs,
TLC

OH. MY. GODS. (available now!)
GODDESS BOOT CAMP (coming June 2009)
teralynnchilds.com

PS — HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

16 comments:

The Golfing Librarian said...

If I were your demographic, I'd have to vote for the "stone cold stud" with the "rock hard six-pack". (As you so delicately described him.)
However, I do like them both. It's half a dozen of one and six(pack) of the other.

TinaFerraro said...

I am only choosing because you're MAKING me: the new one. But from a promotional standpoint, they're both killer, and better yet, portray different elements of your book, so have wide appeal.

In other words, congrats!

Marley Gibson said...

I totally adore this new cover! Not that I didn't like the other one, but this is soooooooo cute!!! CONGRATS! = )

Me said...

Ah, Chuck, you crack me up as always. And are you saying you'r not my demographic?

Thank, Tina! I agree that they're both reat, but I'm kinda having sparkle love at the moment.

Me said...

Thanks for the vote, Marley! My thoughts exactly!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

I love the new cover better! Adorable. Though they both are great. From a marketing perspective, (which is my day job :), the second one is definately more YA focused. Love it! Congrads
Shelli
http://faeriality.blogspot.com/

Alyson Noel said...

LOVE the new cover!

Congrats-- and Happy Thanksgiving!

Lenore Appelhans said...

I always liked the creative title banner placement of the hardcover, but the new cover is very cute!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I like the new one better. The other one is a little too 'free with the body.' And besides, I wouldn't be allowed to check a book out of the library with a mostly naked guy on the front cover. ~ Katie P.

Jessica Burkhart said...

Love them both! Congrats on the new cover! :)

Book Sp(l)ot said...

For whatever reason(s) I think the new cover will appeal more to the younger part of YA readers (which is good because paperbacks cost less &they don't have jobs yet so . . .). I still really do like the new cover but might have noticed the old one first? It seems older somehow?

Whether I make no sense I think the new cover is good!

stephhale said...

You know I can't resist a stone cold stud!

Me said...

Thanks, everyone, for the cover love! I think the consensus is that BOTH covers are pretty awesome.

Unknown said...

Just a totally RANDOM question....but will Oh. My. Gods. be made into a movie??

Jennifer Rummel said...

i really love the hardcover, but i think that the new paperback cover is super cute too. way to go!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I LOOOOVE the new cover. Too cute. That will fly off the shelves.