Friday, November 07, 2008

Cool stuff that happened to me this week

My entire family came down with the stomach flu this week so I've been quarantined inside taking care of them. That's not the cool part. The cool part is that I've yet to be infected. Yet. Despite the gallons of bodily fluids I've cleaned up this week (sorry to those of you eating breakfast) some other really cool things have happened this week.

1) Gas prices have gone WAY down in these parts- I never thought I would see gas fall to below $2 a gallon again, but this week they did. Not that I can go anywhere but it's good to know that I could afford to if I could.

2) According to an article in my local newspaper, I'm not the only person on the planet who absolutely despises the new Toyota commercials. I was worrying that maybe I had a chemical imbalance when my reaction to hearing that "Saved by Zero" song would make me almost turn into the Incredible Hulk and want to put my fist through the TV. Apparently I am not alone.



3) Danielle Steel finally has a blog, http://www.daniellesteel.net/. Ms. Steel was my first author crush. I used to spend summers at my dad's in Colorado devouring my stepmother's collection of Danielle Steel novels. I loved gazing at her book cover photo and picturing how glamourous her life must be. Over the years, my admiration for her has grown as I've come to realize that she is not only an amazing author but such a strong woman. She has had some really tough things to overcome but she has always done it with such grace. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about her and her life.



4)I got my first PAYING author gig- I've been asked to come speak at a young adult literature festival up by Chicago next spring. And they are actually going to pay me! Hooray! I'm so excited.



5)My boys won the costume contest last week. Not to brag (but hey, that's my job) they were by far the cutest, most original costumes.



6)The cover for Spring Breakup is here! Only four more months until Aspen and her friends descend on the Las Vegas Strip. Pick up your copy on March 3, 2009!

So what good thing happened to you this week?

What I'm reading...Nursery Crimes by Ayelet Waldman

xo,

Stephanie

www.stephaniehale.com

6 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Steph, what a lovely way to celebrate the end of my week...reading about all that went well with yours! :) And high five on the paying author gig and the GORGEOUS new cover. And am I wrong, or did you make the costumes that your boys won in???

I've had a good week, too, some of which I'll share on Monday. But the fact I'm in possession of my first royalty check (PROM DRESS sold through!) is my big news!

stephhale said...

Yeah for royalties, Tina. That had to have felt good! I can't take much credit for making the costumes. I told my hubby my "vision" and he brought it to life! ;)

Marley Gibson said...

You cover is delicious!!! I love the branding they've done for your series. Huge congrats, hon!! = )

Marjolein Reads said...

Hi Stephanie,
Wow, that is a lovely new cover!
Looking forward to read an review it soon!

TJ Brown said...

the new cover. Good things... Hmmm. It's been an odd week. Still waiting for my good thing:)
Teri

Heather Davis said...

What a great cover, Steph! I love it!!! Can't wait to read what Aspen's up to in LV.

And yay for Tina and royalties - that is awesome!!