Saturday, November 22, 2008

Aruba, Jamaica....okay, just Aruba

I, Dona Sarkar, am frantically trying to finish up my work at Microsoft as well as my new book proposal before the holidays. This year may be the most hectic holiday season so far.


  1. My best friends are coming up from San Francisco for Thanksgiving. Yes, we are actually doing a Thanksgiving dinner at our place this year! Turkey, cranberries, pie, the works!
  2. I am going to Mexico for recruiting the week afte T-giving. 5 days in Mexico City. Aye Caramba!
  3. A day after I get back, DH and I are headed to sunny, amazing Aruba for 8 days of vitamin D packed fun!

And in the middle of all this, I have to squeeze in Christmas shopping during what's looking for be a major shopping year with the big sales going on!


And this is why I need to not waste a single minute of time and really make use of the late night and early morning time to squeeze in my writing and workouts!


In other random news, I had "high tea" with Heather Davis and Pat White at the Fairmont Hotel last weekend. We spent three hours chatting about work, life, writing, cute boys, etc over pots of hot tea and scrumptious scones and cucumber sandwiches. So fun!





What about you folks? Big holiday plans ahead?
-----------------------------------------------
Dona Sarkar-Mishra
http://donasarkarmishra.com

4 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Dona, I'm jealous. Your trips sound fabulous.

I'm just staying around here. But it's going to be fun because my away-at-college-daughter and all her friends will be home, and even though it's only natural she'll spent more time with them than us...it'll be nice to have her home. =)

stephhale said...

Aruba sounds amazing, Dona! I hope you and your hubby have a blast.
And high tea? How fun!

Simone Elkeles said...

I'm staying home for the holidays and relaxing/working on my books. Gotta love the cold and snow...sometimes

Heather Davis said...

Thanks for the tea, Dona! Have fun in Aruba...