Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Cover and New Website!

I'm sooooooo thrilled to finally be able to reveal the cover for the first book in my new series - GHOST HUNTRESS - The Awakening, which will be released from Houghton Mifflin's Graphia line in exactly six months! Whoooooooohooooooooooo!!

I'm in luuuuuuuuuuuuuurve!!!


Available for pre-order on Amazon.com!

The cover was a combined effort of the amazing graphic artists at Houghton, as well as the artwork and photography of an agency in the UK called I Love Dust. They do all sorts of funky artwork for Beyonce, Nike, Pepsi, etc. I just love how they captured the look and feel of the story.

I'll keep this short as I'm working on some slight revisions for my second book, GHOST HUNTRESS - The Guidance, and need to hop on it! Hope you love the cover as much as I do!

Hugs,
Marley = )

GHOST HUNTRESS: THE AWAKENING (Coming May 2009, Houghton Mifflin)
GHOST HUNTRESS: THE GUIDANCE (Coming October 2009, Houghton Mifflin)
SORORITY 101: Zeta or Omega? (Available from Puffin Books)
SORORITY 101: The New Sisters (Available from Puffin Books)

19 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, Marley. That is a gorgeous cover.

And Dorkus is fine - though he's getting very fussy in his old age. Only wants one flavour of cat food and turns his nose up at everything else.

Now it's back to Nanowrimo for me.

Jessica said...

Congrats on the gorgeous cover, Marley! I'm so excited for you!

Jessica Burkhart said...

Wow, Marley! I love the cover! :)

Alea said...

That cover is to die for! Beautiful!

TinaFerraro said...

This will fly off shelves! :) Congrats, Marley!

Alyson Noel said...

Awesome cover, Marley!

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

That is fabulous, Marley! I LOVE it! I've already added it to my Amazon wish list to remind me to pick it up as soon as it comes out. Can't wait!

stephhale said...

Awesome cover, Marley!

The Golfing Librarian said...

Hey Marley! Isn't that a "Roll Tide" elephant I see hidden in the cover design? ;)

DeenaML said...

The cover looks just like a movie poster! Excellent!

Marley Gibson said...

LOL Chuck! WHERE are you seeing an elephant? Too funny! There's a kitty on the cover...maybe that's what you're seeing. = )

The Golfing Librarian said...

I saw an abscract thing that looked like a trunk, which got me thinking that you should have put an "EasterEgg" of some sort on there.

Anonymous said...

i love the cover when does the book come out?

Kwana said...

I'm so in love too!!!! Congrats Mar. Eeeee!!

Marley Gibson said...

Thanks everyone!

The first GHOST HUNTRESS book, THE AWAKENING (as seen) comes out on May 4, 2009! Can't get here soon enough for me. = )

Wendy Toliver said...

It's awesome!

Simone Elkeles said...

I love that cover, Marley! Congrats!

Heather Davis said...

OMG, that is amazing!! I love the cover, Marley. It so makes me want to pick it up!

The Compulsive Reader said...

That is one kick butt cover! Awesome!