Saturday, November 01, 2008

The Case of the Lame Halloween Costumes

My Halloween costumes have never been cool. EVER. When I was a kid, I was either a witch (all black outfit + pointy hat) or a vampire (all black outfit + fangs) every year. Once I was an equestrian. (all black outfit + boots + cowboy hat) The year before last I was a cat (black outfit+ cat ears).

This year I said no more! Alas, I didn't think this plan out till the night before Halloween. I wound up working pretty late and got to the party store at 8:30 at night, so I wound up with a pair of wings and some giant purple false eyelashes.

Hmm, a purple bat!




My husband got really creative with his hippie costume and NO ONE recognized him.





We had a group of guys dressed as Guy Fox....very creepy!



And a bunch of other folks as the Super Mario characters...very creative!




Next year, I've decided. I'm actually going to plan ahead and get a real costume from a costume shop. And it's going to be REALLY cool!

What are some of the best costumes you guys have seen? I need ideas!

-----------------------------
Dona Sarkar-Mishra
How to Salsa in a Sari
Shrink to Fit

6 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

I'm afraid I'm blank on cool ideas, but I loved what you showed us here!

stephhale said...

You and your hubby looked great! I saw a really cute costume yesterday. This fourth grader had a suit on and lipstick kisses all over his face. Then he took a big cardboard box and decorated it like a kissing booth. It was adorable!

TinaFerraro said...

Steph, I am SO doing that for my next booksigning. =)

Heather Davis said...

Dona, you look adorable -- as does your hubby!

Hope you had a fun time!

Heath

Marley Gibson said...

Love the pics, Dona! Looks like you guys had a blast!!!

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Very cute, Dona! I'm glad to see that other offices dress up, too. That always makes it more fun in my opinion. Not very productive of a day...but more fun. ;-)