Friday, April 17, 2009

Author Questions Answered!

I'm going to grab some of the questions from the comments to Heather's post today! :)


--what's your favorite book that you have written?
DESI DIVAS, the second book I wrote. This was the story of three friends who battle inner demons, outer demons and each other in the pursuit of what they think is happiness. I still think it has the most complicated characters and best storyline...I love reading that manuscript and still have hopes that it'll get published someday!

--what county would you most like to have your book sold in?
France! I would love to do a book-signing in Paris...and spend a month there on "research" for my next book! I love Paris. The amazing food, the gorgeous architecture, the fashion-forward people walking around all day...love it!

--what was the weirdest/most unusual method of inspiration you've gotten for a story, or for a plot idea/character/setting?
I got the idea for my latest YA work-in-progress, PROVOKING KISMET on an airplane! I was thinking of 9/11 and what possessed those people to do the things they did. I know a lot of the Taliban members are young, barely out of their teens. I wanted to write a story about how such young people get influenced to commit such horrible acts...then the ideas started spinning about how I could twist this into a love story of sorts...

So for you readers our there, what are some other questions you have for authors?
-------------------------
Dona Sarkar-Mishra
http://donasarkarmishra.com

3 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Hey, Dona, I'll meet you in France for a fact-finding mission any day. Thanks for answering these questions!

Heather Davis said...

Yes, please on the Paris. I was there in college and it was sooooo awesome. I smell a Buzz Girl's retreat!

hugs,

Heath

Suma Subramaniam said...

Dona, loved the story about Desi Divas and the cool idea for your working manuscript.

My question : What is the one thing you would like to change about your writing habit?