Saturday, April 11, 2009

The "Perfect" Day

The weather in Seattle could go either way pretty much the whole of April. Instead of waiting around for "the perfect day", I am going to create it today! I'm a girl with very simple needs: access to a gym, good food and good company. Since my DH is back from his trip, the company part is handled.

I started the day off with a wonderful workout: A circuit training class. This was 20 minutes of intervals on an elliptical machine followed by a hard and fast strength training workout with weights, bands, and cables for 45 minutes. After this, I spent half an hour on an elliptical, and I was cooked!

I am a gym-addict, I won't even lie about it. It must be those endorphins. When I work out, I feel AH-MAZE-ING...when I don't I feel like something is missing. The gym is one of my favorite places to hang out. I know, weird :)

Next is food! I am thinking of going to brunch to one of our favorite spots in the wonderful Queen Anne area os Seattle. We'll walk around and decide which we want. I'm thinking either Mecca (one of Heather Davis's faves!) or 5 Spot (one of Rachael Ray's faves!)



What is a visit to Queen Anne without a nice relaxing walk to enjoy the incredible views of Seattle as well as a stop at one of MY favorite places: Queen Anne Books!





After this, a stop at one of the tea-houses I frequent to get writing done: Teacup! I love to curl up with a pot of tea to read, write, or just people-watch!







So....that's my day! What's your favorite way to spend a lazy Saturday?
------------------------------
Dona Sarkar-Mishra
http://donasarkarmishra.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my favorite saturdays include m&m's, pajamas, and one of my favorite books. you know, the kind that you can read over and over again and never get tired of? I also like it when it's raining outside so i can open my window and the sun doesn't make weird shadows on my book.