Sunday, April 05, 2009

Spring Cleaning























The sun has finally appeared in the gray-as-of-late Seattle skies. Cherry trees are filling the sidewalks with pink snow and the parks are packed with all sorts of people enjoying the respite from the odd, lingering winter we've had. Spring is here!

And for me, that means time to dig through the turtlenecks and try to locate the cute warm weather tops and capris. Yay! I love bringing out those favorite pieces from summer and it helps me not be tempted into buying a ton of new stuff when I walk past sales.

I don't really enjoy cleaning, but I do like organizing and sorting through stuff. So, this means I will be (and don't laugh) color/style coding my closet so that it's easier to find what goes together, and getting a pile of clothes ready for donation. It's pretty bad this year -- see the above picture for how out of whack my closet organizing is right now!

So tell me, do you have a spring ritual? Are you ready to dig through the closet, scrub all the cabinet doors, clean behind the refrigerator, or just start getting a regular pedicure? What do you do to signify that spring has sprung?

Hugs,

Heather

www.heatherdavisbooks.com

Never Cry Werewolf ~ September '09 HarperTeen
The Clearing ~ April 2010 Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

3 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

I pull out the shorts and put away the sweaters...but since I live in a warm climate, it's perhaps not with the same joy that it is for others. I tend ot miss the cool weather and long for it to return. Especially during our September and Octover Indian summer months!

Heather Davis said...

I know what you mean, Tina. Long about August, I'll start wishing for crisp October mornings and the sound of school buses rolling by. ;) It's funny how you rarely enjoy what you have until it's gone. So Joni Mitchell!

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it. I mean, it friggin snowed on april first and now it's what, almost sixty degrees? I'm sooo wearing a dress tomorrow... but it'll probably rain... or maybe some other freak of nature like a tornado will hit. Seattle is insane