Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Houston, we have a ... cover!

With the upcoming release of my new YA series, GHOST HUNTRESS, on May 4th, with the first book, THE AWAKENING, launching next Thursday at the GhoStock conference in Salem, MA, I'm also thrilled to share the cover of the second book, THE AWAKENING, which is now up on Amazon.com for pre-sale.

Check it out! I'm swooooooooooooning!!!



The cover designers (Ilovedust.com and Houghton Mifflin's graphic artist, Carole Chu) have really outdone themselves on this one. Look how fierce Kendall looks! Ready to take on any ghost that crosses her path.

Here's a blurb for the book:

Kendall and her ghost hunting team is the talk of Radisson, Georgia, but one person isn’t so pleased. Courtney Langdon doesn’t appreciate Kendall’s new popularity or her relationship with Jason, Courtney’s ex. So Courtney begins dabbling in the paranormal world. At first it’s all a game to draw attention away from Kendall. But Courtney doesn’t know what she’s getting into—or what wants in her. This is one game that’s about to turn deadly serious. And for more about Kendall and the ghost huntresses, check out www.ghosthuntress.com!

I have to say...I have been blessed by the Cover Gods with this series. They're working on the cover for the third book, THE REASON, as we speak and I can't wait to see what they come up with!!

And now...for a quick contest: Go to Amazon.com, pre-purchase THE GUIDANCE (release date September 7, 2009), and send me a copy of the order between now and next Wednesday (at marley.h.gibson (at) gmail.com), I will enter you to win an advanced copy of the first book, THE AWAKENING. Pretty cool, eh? I'll announce the winner next week.

And finally...MASSIVE CONGRATS to Tina and Tera Lynn for their Rita nominations. While I won't be in DC to cheer you on, I will be there in spirit! Get it...spirit...I write about ghosts...ahhh...nevermind... ;)

Hugs,
Marley = )

GHOST HUNTRESS: THE AWAKENING (Coming May 2009, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) GHOST HUNTRESS: THE GUIDANCE (Coming October 2009, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
GHOST HUNTRESS: The REASON (Coming May 2010, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
CHRISTMAS MIRACLES (Coming October 2009, St. Martin's Press)

SORORITY 101: Zeta or Omega? (Available from Puffin Books)
SORORITY 101: The New Sisters (Available from Puffin Books)

7 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

Yes, Marley, you ARE blessed by the cover gods! Wonderful! And thanks for the shout-out about the Ritas, and yep, I know you'll be there in spirit!

Stephanie Hale said...

Another awesome cover! Congrats, Marley. That girl is such a doll!

Unknown said...

That's sooo creative and pretty! I like it :D


btw I'm from Houston hehehe just putting that out there....:D

Heather Davis said...

Gorgeous!!!! Congrats, Marley!

Hugs,

Heath

C.R. Evers said...

That's a gorgeous cover!!!! Luv it!

Christy

Dona said...

I LOVE all the GH covers...but this one is so eerie and cool!

Kate at Read This Book! said...

When I saw that cover, I was like OMG! LOL. It's fantastic Marley! =]

-Kate