Friday, April 10, 2009

It is a very good Friday

I hope this blog post finds you kicking up your heels and enjoying your Friday however you want. I plan to spend the day coloring Easter eggs with my boys. I've never been much of an artist. Seriously, my kids stick people are better than mine. But I do look forward to getting creative with the eggs. I love double dipping and making them two different colors. And how fun is it to use that neato little wax crayon to write a secret message then dip your egg to reveal it. Okay, so I'm easily amused.
We don't use our real eggs for the hunt though. I use them to make egg salad, which is awesome if I do say so myself. This year I bought a glow-in-the-dark egg hunt kit which includes two tiny flashlights. It should be fun trying to help the kids hunt them down after it gets dark. And the really fun thing about the plastic eggs is all the candy inside.And Easter wouldn't be complete without a hollow chocolate bunny with those delicious candy eyes. I really not much of a chocolate person normally but those bring back such good memories that I always have to buy one.
How about you, did you hunt "real" eggs or plastic eggs when you were little? Do you have a favorite candy?
xo,
Stephanie
www.stephaniehale.com

6 comments:

Susan Hatler said...

We hunted plastic eggs and always searched for the egg that had money in it. I'll eat most candy...it's stopping that's the problem.

TinaFerraro said...

Cute eggs, Steph! I've always been a DUD when it comes to Easter fun, am not artistic, don't much care for jelly beans or marshmallow candy, and what I truly hate is baked ham, which is rather traditional dinner fare. I'm an Easter hum-bug! ;) But what I do enjoy is the holiday itself and my family, so they still let me celebrate...

Thao said...

Super duper cute eggs. We don't celebrate Easters here so it's great to see the pics. They bring me some Easter spirit ^^

Cara King said...

I loved Easter Egg hunts as a kid! We hunted a variety of things - plastic eggs with stuff in them, wrapped chocolate eggs, and things in packages. Getting candy was a rare thing for me, so that of course made it all that much more special. :-)

Dona said...

I used to do real egg hunts as a kid...but now as a grown up, I love to "hunt" for the perfect chocolate bunny!

Me said...

Fun, Steph! I always hunted for real eggs when I was little. (My mom *always* hid at least one on top of a picture frame!) The glow-in-the-dark kit sounds fun! I've always wanted someone to invent glow-in-the-dark golf--not that I play golf, but it sounds fun.