Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Playlist Du Jour

I'm not really a huge music person. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love love love music, but I'm not one of those people who ever made mix tapes or intricate playlists or analyzed the anarchic undertones and discordant rhythms of blah blah blah. I'm not picky or educated or particularly knowledgeable about it. I just like music that speaks to me or reminds me of a certain time or place or event. In short, I'm an equal opportunity listener.


So, it should come as no surprise that the playlist spinning on my iTunes as I compose this post is a mish-mash of songs I like. They have no connection or greater meaning. I just like them. They make me happy. Don't judge.
  1. The Climb by Miley Cyrus
  2. Put Your Records On by Corrine Bailey Rae
  3. Just Dance by Lady Gaga
  4. Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi
  5. Take a Chance on Me by ABBA
  6. So What by P!nk
  7. Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
  8. Glamorous by Fergie
  9. Mercy by Duffy
  10. Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
  11. Single Ladies by Beyonce
  12. One Step at a Time by Jordin Sparks
  13. Womanizer by Britney Spears
  14. I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
  15. Love Song by Sara Bareilles
Am I the only one with a wacky compilations of songs in my iTunes? Come on, dish some of the wierd tunes we'd find in your playlist!

Hugs,
TLC

OH. MY. GODS. (available now!)
GODDESS BOOT CAMP (coming June 2009)
teralynnchilds.com

8 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

To my kids' dismay, I still do not have an Ipod! But there is an old CD that I play in the car that sends their eyes rolling to the heavens--because it's one of THEIR first CDs: Aqua. Remember being Barbie Girls in a Barbie World? And Happy Boys and Happy Girls? Those songs makes me soooo happy because they're upbeat, and they remind me of when my kids were little and liked them, too!

Alyson Noel said...

My playlist is a complete mish mash!
Recently added- Nights in White Satin (long version) by the Moody Blues and Strange Magic by ELO--two blasts from a very distant past, but they definitely fit the world I'm writing in!

Cara King said...

I believe in listening to what you want to listen to, and ignoring all the voices (in the world and in our heads) that say "you're listening to THAT?" ;-)

The weirdest playlist I have is of songs to write to -- upbeat songs that range from Tina Turner to Backstreet Boys to Phil Collins to OK Go.

Stephanie Hale said...

I'm exactly the same way, TLC. I still rock out to some eighties tunes occasionally and probably lean to pop. I love Lady Gaga's song Poker Face. I couldn't tell you the last time I bought a CD.

The Golfing Librarian said...

The last time I "shuffled" through my Mp3 player, I heard songs by Santana, Dave Brubeck, Eric Clapton, Robert Johnson, Marcus Miller, and P.D.Q. Bach. Not that I don't have newer music, I just really like older music from different genres. Sometimes I thik my middle name in "esoteric".

Amanda Ashby said...

My iPod is broken so I can listen to stuff but I can't add or delete anything! Anyway, I seem to have Bruce Springsten followed by MIA and then Beyonce before moving onto a bit of Johny Cash and Muse!!!!

Heather Davis said...

Gotta have music! Your playlist is great!!

For me lately it's been Ray LaMontagne and Neko Case, but my tastes run the gamut. For what I'm working on now (set in the '40's) I listened to AM radio gold- Benny Goodman and the like. It put me in the mindset and it was just fun to listen to. ;)

Hugs,

Heath

Kate at Read This Book! said...

Ooh you have a great playlist TLC! :]

-Kate