Monday, April 06, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness!

Since I last posted, I had a wild week, including a virus that brought me days of high fevers and shakes, and an emergency appendectomy for my son. Which left me feeling, well, unsettled, but grateful for all that I have.

So when I saw this CNN video about two women who make a habit of doing random acts of kindess, I knew I had to post it.

Video

Isn't that just wonderful?

The random act that I have long liked to "commit" is to stuff cash in the pockets of clothes I donate to charity. I like to think that whoever becomes the next owners will delight in finding it, and maybe think they're luck is changing.

How about you? Ever do something totally random, hoping to brighten people's days?

Oh, and by the way, my son's surgery went well. He is home and on the mend!

Tina

Tina Ferraro
The ABC's of Kissing Boys
How to Hook a Hottie, 2009 Rita Finalist
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress
www.tinaferraro.com

7 comments:

Janie Emaus said...

Tina,
That was a cool video. I'm always telling older women with white hair how beautiful they look. Strange, huh? But I always get a beautiful smile in return.

TinaFerraro said...

I'll bet you get beautiful smiles, Janie! That's a wonderful and I'm sure unexpected gift!

Alyson Noel said...

OMG- I LOVE this!
Thanks so much for sharing, and glad your son is doing well!

Cara King said...

Ooh, hate to be a wet blanket, but...I guess I always thought charities washed the clothes they received... So unless you know that the charity you donate to doesn't do that, you might ask...I'd hate to have your generosity wasted!

Stephanie Hale said...

That is a really sweet idea, Tina. I don't know if this is considered "charity" or not, but it's fun. If I'm particularly flush on a day I go through a drive-thru, I'll pay for the person behind me. I like to think that they have a better day because of my little surprise!

TinaFerraro said...

Thanks, Alyson!

Cara, while I had thought of that, money just gets cleaner, and in the worst case, the laundry workers get it, huh?

Steph, you have done that before, paid for others in a drive-thru? Wow! Good for you!

Heather Davis said...

Cool, Tina--

Glad to hear your son's doing well!

Hugs,

Heath