Thursday, April 23, 2009

To Tweet or Not to Tweet?


Happy Thursday!

In just two days, this Bee will be leaving the hive for some R & R. Is a vacay something one should tweet about? I'm totally sold on Facebook -- love it, in fact. I adore seeing what people are doing and thinking and I like how I can drop into the app on my phone anytime I am bored. But I haven't made the jump to Twitter. How about you guys?

I haven't used Twitter yet, and I'm a little skeptical. Isn't there something kinda weird about sending missives to digest an experience in the midst of that experience? I mean, here in the NW, we have a church that encourages its tweeters to tweet during and about the sermon. How are they supposed to absorb the sermon if they are tweeting in the midst of it, though? And what about other daily life experiences -- is it valuable to be tweeting about shopping while you're shopping? Unless maybe your friend is shopping across town and gets a tip from your tweet?

Isn't there something cool about having a unique experience and then thinking about it and writing something about it? Maybe we are becoming a society addicted to instant reaction -- needing to get the word out about something before the something is even over... I'm not sure, so I'm asking you guys: How many of you use Twitter to either tweet or follow other tweeters? Does it lessen or heighten the experience of the tweet topic for you? What kinds of things do you think are tweetable?

Hugs and tweets,
Heather
NEVER CRY WEREWOLF ~ HarperTeen Sept 2009
THE CLEARING ~ Houghton Mifflin Harcourt April 2010

8 comments:

MySharonAnne said...

I tweet and love being able to exchange messages with other bloggers and ya authors. I pretty much enjoy reading about what you guys are doing. Whether it is eating dinner or working on your next novel.

I think you should tweet and don't make me pull a Sarah Cross on you. ;)

Me said...

Aaaack! I loooove Tweeting, H! I do it when I'm bored by something or wowed by something or just flat-out confused by something. (Like the time I saw a guy at the airport with an occupied dog carrier strapped to his chest. Bizarre!)

Also, I have Ping.fm set to update my Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter ... all from the same place.

TinaFerraro said...

Heather, I'm curious about tweeting, too...so I'm following this blog as a observer rather than commenter...

Cara King said...

I've never tweeted, so I'm with Tina on this -- I'm interested to hear what people have to say!

The Golfing Librarian said...

I don't tweet, but I twerk. I just follow and read other people's tweets, especially my friends from The Golf Channel news dept.

The Golfing Librarian said...

I don't tweet, but I twerk. I just follow and read other people's tweets, especially my friends from The Golf Channel news dept.

stephhale said...

I don't Tweet. I'm just not that interesting. I have a hard enough time updating my Facebook status.

Anonymous said...

What a great postI loved it. I am a reader and writer of romance and S.F. my recent published title; True Love Is Not Common has similar main character like your book. i grew up reading this author, including James Patterson, Aliyah burke, Shelly Thacker. The definition of my book comes upon many situations, which characters encountered, whereby a man in an affair breaks down in welth and finds that the love a woman gave him is not True Love. Strange but intersting characters that will absorb you and at times move you....read more. The website is: www.eloquentbooks.com/TrueLoveIsNotCommon.html