Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fins Frenzy in the House

I'm a little (a lot) late posting my blog this week because life is a little hectic right now. Besides the fact that I have a book due June 1st (and a first draft that needs a little (a lot) of work), I have a release on the same day! Forgive My Fins comes out in just three weeks. THREE WEEKS!!! Eeeeeek!

(Yes, that was the sound of me screaming, both in glee and terror.)

The month before a release is a totally crazy time. There are signings to coordinate, ARCs to mail, contests to hold, bookmarks and temporary tattoos to order, teaser excerpts to post on Twitter and Facebook, Splash Teams to coordinate, guest blogs to write, interviews to answer, Amazon and Barnes & Noble numbers to obsess over, self-Googling to do... Oh my gosh, the list goes on and on and on.

Add to that the facts that I'm doing my book signings out of town (in Houston) and that from there I'll be flying out to Las Vegas for the summer, which means I need to pack up everything I could possibly need and load it into the car while I'm trying to get ready for my signings.

And, in the middle of all that madness, I'm trying to finish a book. Is it any wonder that I'm a little (a lot) behind?

Are you feeling the time crunch at the moment? Do you have any brilliant tips or coping mechanisms? (No, chocolate doesn't count.)

Hugs,
TLC

Oh. My. Gods. and Goddess Boot Camp (Greek gods are more than myth.)
FORGIVE MY FINS (What happens when a mermaid kisses a human?)

5 comments:

bookaholic said...

Meditation? yoga? I think that can help cope with stress

nymfaux said...

I have lots of coping mechanisms--Unfortunately most of them involve procrastination, so they're not the most effective--When I get overwhelmed, I need to take my mind off the problem and do something else, like read a good book...or watch a movie, or sleep. But when I really have a deadline and all I can do is stare at the screen...I just keep reminding myself to breath, and I take a look at everything--I can only do one thing at a time, so...What needs to be done first? What can be done quickly and gotten out of the way? What can be put off without anyone noticing? What can someone else do for me?

And when all else fails, I call my mom--She reminds me that I'm ok and I can do this, and that she loves me no matter what.

Bidisha said...

Oh yes, crunch time for me too! My comp crashed and I've been rushing to andfrofrom the internet cafe with my flash drive, exams looming overhead for the next couple of months, got so much to write..pooh!

Just go for a work. Even if it's just for 15 mins. Fresh air does wonders in speeding you up.

G'luck!

Marley Gibson said...

I can't believe your book is almost out! Wow! Seems like just yesterday that you sold it. = )

Mena said...

Make sure you sleep and have time for fun. The work is important and I'm VERY excited for your new books. However, it's not worth it if you're not able to rest and relax yourself.