Monday, August 13, 2007

It’s Monday!

We’ve done another switcheroo on posting days, and I’m going to be the Monday kick-off Buzz Girl.


(Special thanks to Garfield for showing us his enthusiasm for Mondays. I must say, however, I like them a bit more!)

In continuing our theme of “Firsts”, this week we’ll be discussing “First Loves or First Heartbreaks”. This really sent my mind reeling because the simple truth is, I can’t pinpoint my first in either case.

I’ve always had a vivid imagination and I took my across-the-classroom crushes to heart. So I could arguably say my first love and first heartbreak happened as early as 4th grade, when I couldn’t get the totally cute boy with the too short pants and playground dirt on his cheek to give me the time of day. Because the love felt real; and so did the rejection.

I look back on my early romances (good and bad; real and imaginary) as learning tools, fodder for the marriage that I want to last forever, and for characterization and plots for my writing. And so far, so good!

I’m curious to see what the other Buzz Girls talk about this week…if there is a special boy in their pasts, or a collection that fly through their memories like, well, buzzing bees.

And I’d love to hear the same from our readers! Do tell: one first major love, or many minor?

What I’m Reading: Lean, Mean Thirteen, Janet Evanovich

Tina

Tina Ferraro
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress
How to Hook a Hottie, Spring, 2008
The ABC’s of Kissing Boys, Spring, 2009
www.tinaferraro.com

7 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Hmm, first crush...I guess it would have to be 5th grade and his name Brandon. He had a mullet cut and pegged pants. haha!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
I think my first "real" love was during the summer between 7th and 8th grade. The most gorgeous guy in the whole world moved in down the block from us and he was my boyfriend..until..school started. Then he fell in with the "in" crowd and you can imagine that I was crushed. I loved him SOOOO much that I even ate this poisonous mushroom thing that he gave me and couldn't breathe for a few seconds. See what crazy things love will do to you.

Me said...

I think I win the EARLIEST FIRST CRUSH award. Mine was in 1st grade. Oh, Josh Byers. The name still brings a smile to my face... and the boy doesn't even remember me! Isn't that always the case?

(Oh, and Janie, I'm a little worried about you. No more poisonous mushrooms, okay?)

Hugs,
TLC

stephhale said...

Janie, that's kind of hilarious. Maybe we should get you on Fear Factor or something!
Tina, your marriage is an inspiration! You and your husband are giving your kids such a wonderful example of what love really is! :)

TinaFerraro said...

Kelly, even though we claim to be "twins separated at birth", we even went for different kinds of guys in grade school! Yours was of the (cool?) pegged legs variety and mine was the nerdy type with the too high waist-band. LOL.

Janie, WHOA, I'm with TLC and Steph on this poison mushroom thing. No more of that, please! (But if we're ever sharing a meal and something smells funny, I know who make test it...)

TLC, you DO win earliest first crush!

And Steph, thanks for that heartfelt compliment about my marriage...all I can say is we try! :)

alexgirl said...

Fun post!!
I used to crush on boys like it was going out of style. Ah, those were the days! I sent love notes and everything... though the results were somewhat embarrassing! hah!

TinaFerraro said...

Oh, Alex, I'm impressed that you sent love notes. I was more the "secret crush" type, which looking back, I think limited my chances! In fact, come to think of it, I touch on issues just like this in my January release, HOW TO HOOK A HOTTIE...